New guy with a KT 250 / oil pump question

Eastside

Hi there. I purchased a 76 KT 250 a few months ago, and am currently in the middle of restoring it. I'm guessing my question about whether or not to bypass the oil pump has been debated a number of times. But my line is broken, and I can either try to find a replacement or switch over to pre-mix. I am inclined to keep it as original as possible, but see it's pretty hard to find that oil line.

I am a road rider (BMW R100rs, and a few old Honda's) but wanted to get into trials since I was 14 (back in the 70s). Since mom and dad didn't want anything to do with motorcycles, I did trials riding on my converted Schwinn stingray. Sort of a precursor to mountain bikes maybe. At any rate, some 40-ish years later I finally got an appropriate 70s trials bike, and am looking forward to seeing if my skills on the Schwinn translate to the KT.

IMG_6992.jpg

IMG_7318.jpg

Nice bike and welcome.  I looked for the part in question, 16134-027, and it is indeed elusive.  Is it possible to locate correct banjo fittings, some hose and construct the part yourself?  1975 KT250-A OIL PUMP.pdf   Just a few sources:  www.denniskirk.com/search/banjo+fitting.q    belmetric.com   Amazon has banjo fittings too. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stpauls said:

A trail bike really, not a trials bike.  Not the best bike to start learning to ride trials on.  Much, much easier to learn on a modern bike.

I would have to disagree, very definitely a trials bike, although it wasn't the best.

• Like 1