Hi everyone. I'm new to this web site but not to trials.

Layne

Hi everyone. I'm new to this web site but not to trials. I started riding Observed Trials when I was 12 on a Honda TL-125. I worked for my Dad back then and he paid me $1.00 an hour. When I saved up enough money for half the price of a TL-125 my Dad put in the other half to buy the bike and get me into Trials. My first trophy I got was in the novice class in 1974 and I had "0" points for the day. That trophy was hand made by Jerry Young from PA out of cast iron. That's my favorite trophy. Then my parents bought me a 1974 Bultaco Sherpa-T 350. I did really good riding the Bultaco and Bultaco sponsored me. I was getting bikes for half price and free parts, which my parents loved. My next bike was a 1976 Bultaco Sherpa-T 350. I was in the Expert class by 1976. I rode trials events in places like Moto Mecca and Roaring Branch, PA. I rode a World Round trials event around 1976 in Michigan. I joined the U.S. Army and rode my Ossa 350 in a local German Trials event and got a 5th place trophy. I was the only American rider at that event. That was pretty cool because I didn't even know what class to ride in and I came home with a 5th place trophy from Emmendingen, Germany. After the Army I bought my brother's Beta and got back into riding trials here in PA. I rode an event in New Mexico in 1994. I rented a Gas Gas bike from a local rider in New Mexico and rode a two day event out there. I bought a 1992 Gas Gas GT25 Contact Trials bike with the hydraulic clutch. I bought that new in 1993 and still have that bike after 30 years. I love riding trials and have a ton of great memories with all my trials bikes but especially my current Gas Gas trials bike. Unfortunately I have to sell my Gas Gas now because my wife and I are financially struggling and we really need the money. I'm going to be very sad to see it go. The last few pictures on the very bottom are what my Gas Gas looks like today.

Layne doing wheelie on Gas-Gas outside of Bobby-os house..jpg

Me in competition at Motorama, indoor stadium Observed Trials. - ENHANSED..jpg

Me test riding the oil barrel for our motorcycle event we put on..jpg

Layne going down steps at Bobby-os house on Gas-Gas..jpg

Germany with Ossa and trophie.jpg

Me riding in a World Round Trials Competition at Port Huron, Michigan in 1976..jpg

1974 Bultaco Sherpa-T 350 - The magazine photo.jpg

Layne over sea saw not cropped.jpg

Me Riding an Observed Trials event in New Mexico - ENHANSED.jpg

around 1995, at the Moto Trials National in Williamsport. Me playing around after the trials were over..jpg

AMA pins 2.jpg

Me doing a nose wheelie, riding in a parade dressed as Uncle Sam.jpg

Layne wheelie Gas-Gas.jpg

Layne MX style jump on my Gas-Gas - cropped w more color.jpg

NMTA trophy 1994.jpg

Emmendingen Trophy.JPG

Layne over car Motorama 1995.jpg

Layne on Gas-Gas at Lowes.jpg

Layne over giant see saw Westwood.jpg

AMA 50 yr Charter Life Membership Pin.jpg

Rollover stunt bike in Germany 1987.jpg

back left of bike.jpg