Model 116 Lights stopped working

redandwhitebrit

I have a recently restored model 116 and the lights have worked until last week. I am not very good with the electrical parts and would ask for a place to start to diagnose the problems. It has a lighting coil, Femsa points stock ignition, and four wires coming off the magneto/ignition. The wire colors are black, yellow, green and red. Any assistance is appreciated, but please type slowly as I am not good with the electrical..........😁

Start off by just checking all the connections in the system. If it still has the standard screw terminal under the tank pull all of those out and make sure all the wire ends are clean. Maybe give the lighting coil in the mag a clean with some fine sandpaper too. Does the brake light still work?

• 2 months later...

Hello redandwhitebri,  Were you able to solve your Alpina 350 M116 lighting/wiring/coil problem since November? I have an Alpina 350 M213 with similar brake light problem, and would be interested in what was discovered, and how it was fixed. Cheers, Gabe

• 3 months later...
On 1/17/2024 at 4:04 AM, SherToPina said:

Hello redandwhitebri,  Were you able to solve your Alpina 350 M116 lighting/wiring/coil problem since November? I have an Alpina 350 M213 with similar brake light problem, and would be interested in what was discovered, and how it was fixed. Cheers, Gabe

You’re not alone, I’m still trying to get my brake light working, currently trying a separate battery circuit to see if that will work.