Brake drums

Ninja

Hi all I have the dreaded chrome drums on my 199b and need to fit some cast inserts, are there some available or is it a case of making some out of cast pipe ect.

Usually you will need to take the hub out of the rim then any good engineering shop should be able to do it. Ask around in Motorcycle shops near you or look on this page for ads if you`re in England. 

• Like 1

Made a set of custom brake shoes for a friend that rode one of those, I used Thorndon XL elastomeric bearing plastic and it made the front brake powerful enough to do nose wheelies, unless you run them hot enough to melt the plastic, that was not so good 😆  Not saying I would recommend that exact modification unless you regularly ride in deep water, but it's worth mentioning that there is another way to approach the problem 🤔

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What is the preferred shoe to work with the chrome? I rode an event with new Goldfren shoes and they are making good and even contact but don’t do the job.