Brand new rider from Finland

bigboi

Greetings all, 

Newbie here. I've always admired the sport of trials, but never even imagined getting into it myself until Fortnine's video on the subject came out a couple years ago. That video struck a spark, and meeting local officials and getting to try balancing on a trials bike at the MP2024 motorcycle expo in February lit the flame. I found myself watching more and more videos on trials, drooling at a very cool Beta Techno for sale and doing more and more research, until one day I was doing a road trip to Porvoo with my 125cc scooter in tow to trade in for that Techno! 

For want of stiffer springs to suit my weight, proper boots and a tow bar for my car, I've yet to ride more than around the parking lot a few times, but I get to do a bunch of static balance practice and little drills at work, where I keep the bike for the time being. She was owned by a senior gentleman for the past 20+ years and ridden a few times every summer. She has a few scratches and scuffs on her, but is in very good shape for an off-road bike and immaculately maintained. Good compression, perfect wheel and steering head bearings, good tires from 2017, brand new fluids, the lot. I realize an older bike is going to be suboptimal in a few ways, but it just caught my eye, and my first bike being the championship replica from my birth year just felt right.

I have a decade of two-wheelers under my belt, but absolutely no off-road experience. It'll be an exciting journey to slowly learn just what the bike can do.

20240306_152551.jpg

• Like 3