Greetings from dreadfully flat coastal Texas

k-dubya

After 43 years of no trials bike, I did it - I bought a new-to-me '23 GasGas 300 TXT. In my earlier days I had a Yamaha TY250 then a couple of Sherpa T's (250 and 350). I was never very good but, heck, there's no better way to clear your head and sharpen your focus than riding a trials bike, right?

Now, given my advancing years and the numerous replaced or wobbly joints, I've retired my motocross and enduro kit and taken up ADV riding (Africa Twin). It's great fun, but I really needed a heavier 'dirt fix'. Hence, the Gasser.

I live in Southeast Texas outside of Houston, which can make a billiard table seem bumpy, so I'll be building my own sections to refresh my skills.

My hope in joining this community is to look and listen twice as much as I speak (which is a really hard thing for an old Texas boy). That said, I'd love to glean some ideas for building sections, developing/improving technique, and finding likeminded riders in or around the Houston area.

Here's the Gasser - first day on the farm!

GasGas 300 TXT - April 2024.jpg

So new, she still has whiskers on the tires!

Edited by k-dubya
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1