News

toofasttim

I suppose I'm well overdue a posting but to fill in those of you who don't know: after 2 and a half years of being unable to get employment in South Africa I decided to get the hell out. So I moved to NZ. Well I found a job in 7 weeks and am having a ball.

I'm flatting presently 'cause the wife and kids are only due to arrive in a months time so why waste money?

Bought a car today so it's one more part of the equation knocked off. Next is a house then a bike. Management is fine with me getting an '07 Gasser so can't it be bad.

I've ridden several trials here, Peter Boettcher (local gasser agent and sometimes lurker on these boards) has been kind enough to let me ride his '78 Sherpa in trials. Hard work are them old bikes. Great stuff in a straight line but boy do have to give them a nudge to get round corners (yup I've been riding against modern bikes).

Standard of trials here is much the same as Cape Town but boy does it get slippery here.

Tim

Good to hear you've settled in well. I guess there is little chance now of you showing up at trial near here soon. You should put a trip over to the SSDT in 2007 on your list on things to arrange after you've found a house and brought the family over. Leaving the wife and kids in CT would free up a plane fare. ;)

Hey John,

I seem to be getting further away from Mecca! If it wasn't for the weather I would have moved to Scotland but since I've been here it's been pretty cold too.

I'll get round to it. Just got to get settled in then make an excuse to see the step-family in May.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Im sure you will be well looked after any where you travel throughout NZ.

The whole trials scene there is pretty layed back and a pleasure to be involved in

No matter what bike you ride their hospitality is tops.

Your right on those slippery sections,they have those in abundance.

I'll bet you are hanging out for your new bike.

Just a tip,couple of guys that may lead you astray are Beta John and Peter Jackson.... :beer:

Don't worry about Merriman Junior or Senior there a push over. ;)

If you get over to Australia make sure its on a trial date I'm sure we could organise a bike.

Funny thing was that the first weekend I was here Pete Boettcher took me out to a national down Hamilton way and the accent of the clark of the lcourse was familiar. Turns out he's also a saffer and used to ride in Jo'burg. Small world.

Trials riders, the world over, are cut from the same cloth!