Don't Cry For Me Argentina

cota kid

Well Argentina didn't exactly take their losing out the Germany on penalties very well did they? Resorting to throwing tins of corned beef at the Germans. For some strange reason I have been wanting Germany to do well in this tournament, but not as well as England and think its because the media were saying they are the worst host nation for years and a poor team.

You just wouldn't bet against Germany taking penalties against anyone.

Hopefully England will get past Big Phil and Portugal, Brazil or France and beat Germany in the final.

Hopefully England will get past Big Phil and Portugal, Brazil or France and beat Germany in the final.

Aye nae luck there eh?? Tragic. Shearer and wrightys reactions were comic !! worst 2 teams in the 1/4ers by a country mile IMO..

s.m.

Argentine referee doing the England match!!!
Yeah and didnt we suffer because of it. The performance of the referees has been abysmal this world cup. They must get that sorted. :thumbup:

I actually hope Germany go on to win it now although France looked very tasty against Brazil last night.

England have been dissapointing from start to finish in the World Cup, but Sven is the greatest at fault. It was only when down to 10 men and not confined to the shackles of the 4-1-4-1 formation that England looked like playing to their potential.

Good riddance to Sven who leaves with a nice

Yeah and didnt we suffer because of it. The performance of the referees has been abysmal this world cup. They must get that sorted. :thumbup:

Please don't tell me you're part of the contingent claiming that Rooney was sent off because of bad refereeing...!

That boy's behaviour is absolutely appalling. Andy Murray may not be an ideal ambassador for his country, but he beats Rooney hands down any day.

Edited by Highland Lassie

Yeah and didnt we suffer because of it. The performance of the referees has been abysmal this world cup. They must get that sorted. :D

Please don't tell me you're part of the contingent claiming that Rooney was sent off because of bad refereeing...!

That boy's behaviour is absolutely appalling. Andy Murray may not be an ideal ambassador for his country, but he beats Rooney hands down any day.

No, of course not - his petulance is indefensible. At that level it just cant be done - unless of course you're a Holland player throwing Deco to the ground and Deco is the one that gets booked! and loads more examples like it. Diving all over the place - feigning injuries and the like - it’s pathetic that the governing body need to get it sorted.

The sad thing is that the winner cant really be judged a winner because if the refereeing decisions were 100% correct the current state of the championship would be different. Italy’s last minute penalty for example and so on.

How can they call this 'The beautiful game' - :thumbup:

Football is a long way from being perfect. But what other sport would take a support of up to 85,000, the vast majority of whom did not have tickets, to a foreign country to watch and cheer their team on.

Football is a long way from being perfect. But what other sport would take a support of up to 85,000, the vast majority of whom did not have tickets, to a foreign country to watch and cheer their team on.
We do do football support like no other country thats for sure.. but thats not relevant to the point I am making is it?

I read a report in the Sunday Express today from Jim Holden about the clarity of video images now being so graphic and having so much detail in slow motion that the cheating that goes on from all teams is getting beyond Joke. He refers to Lucio from Brazil who got caught by a mild tackle then went down holding his knee but then in his dramatic dive, he changed to holding his ankle whilst in the air. Whilst writhing in agony on the floor, his team get awarded a free kick then he jumps up and starts running around like a whippet. !

They all do it. Its pathetic and somehow they should get it out the game..

Also, another question! What do all these people do for work? How can their employers allow them to have so much time off work in one go?

I've siad it before and I'll say it again. If FIFA informed the teams before hand and the refs made a point of sending off anyone who dived in the first few games of a major tourny the diving would soon stop. The other possibility would be to allow FIFA to penalise a player after the game if video evidence showed a dive. It used to just be diving but now they also stay down holding what ever part of the body came closest to the contact looking for a booking.

It's spoiled fitba for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Was there.... In truth I think the Portugese knew exactly waht they were doing - right from the start they needled Rooney and he's so thick that he just rises to it. We could and should have won it.

I would actually like Germany to win it - they are hosting it fantastically well and the atmosphere in Dusseldorf on Friday night after they had beaten Argentina was something else. loads of nationalities all going for it........ :thumbup::D:P:lol:

Sat listening to the reactions of Saturday's wendyball game after a trial. (Scottish classic weekend, Trial sat afternoon classic scramble sunday)..one group of scots listening to our left and a big English contingent to our right. I bet analysing the cheers and groans was much more fun than watching....

Can't see the excitement in wendyball, big bunch of overpaid prima donnas who fall over a lot and cry when things don't go their way...

Sat listening to the reactions of Saturday's wendyball game after a trial. (Scottish classic weekend, Trial sat afternoon classic scramble sunday)..one group of scots listening to our left and a big English contingent to our right. I bet analysing the cheers and groans was much more fun than watching....

Can't see the excitement in wendyball, big bunch of overpaid prima donnas who fall over a lot and cry when things don't go their way...

bit like me saying i dont see the point of ice hockey where Half a dozen (?) blokes dress up like tellytubbies and then fight each other every 5 minutes when things dont go their way ?

one mans noise.....is another mans music :thumbup: