2004 Sherco 2.9

davidni

Best bike I've ever had. I'm a heavyweight on the expert route giving mine a real good test, and it's been almost faultless. I'd like a new one, but it's so damned good I'm going to run it in to the ground. If it doesn't blow up soon I'm going to have to shove some new rings in it, just because I feel I should be doing something after three years of tireless service :beer:

After washing it, strip off the airbox and drop the float bowl, then seal up between the silencer/mudguard/airbox and should run spot on every week, with the odd bit of general maintenance.

I use around 75:1, so that's around 70ml in a 5litre petrol can (fully synthetic). Use the best fuel you can get - optimax for example.

You'll hear the odd scare mongerer, usually for Sherco's someone's heard a rumour from a cousin of a friend about main bearings.

The worst thing on the bike is keeping the stickers on - so how bad can that be :D

I think it's sort of like the Beta - you'll hear people scare mongering about the electrics. Well not much else usually goes wrong with them so the main thing you ever hear about Betas is the electrics. A possible weak point, but nothing really in the grand scheme of things.

Always an exception, but generally I rate the Sherco 290, especially the 04 pretty highly.

Edited by bikespace

Cheers sounds like its gonna be a good job then :beer: It'll be some upgrade from my pinky for sure. I'll have to be careful because im not that used to the extra power of a modern bike and im only 10 and a half stone :D Thanks for the advice

Best bike I've ever had. I'm a heavyweight on the expert route giving mine a real good test, and it's been almost faultless. I'd like a new one, but it's so damned good I'm going to run it in to the ground. If it doesn't blow up soon I'm going to have to shove some new rings in it, just because I feel I should be doing something after three years of tireless service :beer:

After washing it, strip off the airbox and drop the float bowl, then seal up between the silencer/mudguard/airbox and should run spot on every week, with the odd bit of general maintenance.

I use around 75:1, so that's around 70ml in a 5litre petrol can (fully synthetic). Use the best fuel you can get - optimax for example.

You'll hear the odd scare mongerer, usually for Sherco's someone's heard a rumour from a cousin of a friend about main bearings.

The worst thing on the bike is keeping the stickers on - so how bad can that be :D

I think it's sort of like the Beta - you'll hear people scare mongering about the electrics. Well not much else usually goes wrong with them so the main thing you ever hear about Betas is the electrics. A possible weak point, but nothing really in the grand scheme of things.

Always an exception, but generally I rate the Sherco 290, especially the 04 pretty highly.

05 was a fair bit better gaz imho

And when Gaz talks about serious abuse this is what he means :D

You've had good value out of that photo ya bitch :beer:

05 was a fair bit better gaz imho

Yeah - I'd concede that. My comment was just because of my experiences with the 04, and some other local 04's. Pretty solid.

Can't remember what the differences were to be honest. Not massive. A new bike always seems better, but I reckon generally for a rider of our standard, it's not going to make a msiive difference - I'll go for reliability if I've got the choice.

Edited by bikespace