Trials Central For Sale

bigfoot

I thought that title may get you in here quick sharp.

I've just looked at the for sale section of TC and found the following ad.

"125cc Beta Rev 3 priced to sell."

If you're selling a bike, pricing it so that someone may want to pay you would obviously a good idea. I wonder if I'm missing something or am I just being a little pedantic.... again?

I thought that title may get you in here quick sharp.

If you're selling a bike, pricing it so that someone may want to pay you would obviously a good idea. I wonder if I'm missing something or am I just being a little pedantic.... again?

I think that sounds reasonable enough to me, perhaps the guy wasn't sure how to explain what he meant. To me that phrase means that he is wanting to sell the bike soon, and that is his main concern; rather than selling to get as much money for the bike as possible. I expect he was saying this to explain a low price, since quite often a low price suggests that there is something wrong with a bike even if the bike is fine and just priced cheaply becuse someone is wanting rid of it and an easy sale.

I'll admit that it isn't right to put that in the title though.

Bob

Edited by bob

bigfoot Posted Aug 8 2006, 05:48 PM

Well I certainly got your attention, just hope I get the attention of someone that wants to buy it!!!

And yes you are! :hyper:

bob Posted Aug 8 2006, 10:05 PM

QUOTE(bigfoot @ Aug 8 2006, 05:48 PM)

To me that phrase means that he is wanting to sell the bike soon, and that is his main concern; rather than selling to get as much money for the bike as possible. I expect he was saying this to explain a low price, since quite often a low price suggests that there is something wrong with a bike even if the bike is fine and just priced cheaply becuse someone is wanting rid of it and an easy sale.

And yes that is what I mean, thanks for explaining to the class Bob, :beer:

Its a good bike, and reasonably priced. :thumbup:

Now please form an orderly queue.

Just to add to Andy's misery on the t-shirts, I think he should put site sponsors logos on the back and bike logos on the sleve,

You know, YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE, Jitsie and others!

And nice Sherco Beta, and others!

And let them pay for the printing! :thumbup: