Classic Sections.

2fargone

Hi guys and galls,

I've just been reading an old post about the classic Jack Wood 'River Kwai' section and all the stories that went with it and it got me thinking back about other classic sections from days gone bye, like 'Tremorithic' in the 'Wye Valley Traders' it was a cracking section in a fantasic trial (one of the best IMHO).

If you didnt get up the step you had to be hauled up by two or three blokes using a rope and grappling hook,

it made 'Witches Burn' look like a main road.

It was 3rd gear from a standing start and slippery as hell, if you did manage to get up the step I think there were 3 more sections waiting for you straight after.

Happy days :blink:

Its one HELL of a section!

Word has it that it was five continuos subs till 1990, then was cut to four subs with dead ground in between two bottom subs and two top. Dont hold me to this but i am told Rob Sartin was the only clean over five subs, and stefan merriman cleaned the four at a later date post 1990.

Word has it too that Mr Rathmell nearly lost an eye in that group.

Had a walk! up Trem a few weeks back with a mate, its hard to belive that folk were throwing twinshocks at it all those years ago!!!

It may run one day but we need some helpers and then some!

Cheers :blink:

Edited by pitley

Hi Pitley,

I thought there were five sections but I was'nt sure I do know you were knackered when you had finished the group!!!!! you are also right about Rob Sartin and Stefan Merriman and I seem to remember the tale about Malc aswell, also Tommi Ahvala came over and rode one year on the big Aprilia! :blink:

Bloody brilliant section and trial shame it is no more,you could say the same about a lot of the big Nationals from back then. :o

Edited by 2fargone

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

pitley et al

good to see the discussion on Tremorthic, I also been making enquiries about access (I know one of the neighbouring landowners). There is no doubt that with some help, resurrection of a road trial is possible, and there are volunteers around.

Wye Valley club should meet up once a month and start planning....I'd be happy to help out. Abergavenny AC are also planning a renewed interest in Classic Trials I hope. However good you are (or in my case not), doing classic road trials on a twin shock is the best fun in trials.....

(btw, for a Trader's style route with pubs, you could include the Bulls Head, Craswall; Crown at Longtown, Cornwalle, Clodock, Gluepot at Walterstone and finish at the Temple or Dog, Ewyas Harold.)

Malc

Aaah!...good to know your user name at last malc. SHould be in Hereford a bit more often soon...so hope you have time to go and do some practise on the bikes sometime.

Oh!..and pitley..yeah...I volunteer...to ride it!!!!!!!!!, but I suppose, if Im in a VERY good mood, I might be persuaded to observe, especially if I dont get a twinshock before then.

bin on the phone to pitley and he has some great venues and sections in mind for

what looks like a super twin shock national in september next year, just needs a

lot of support , to get the club to run it, so get your names down and if possible

see if you can find some observers who could put there names forward to the

club or pitley, for a date in sept 07.

so many pubs on route has to be a good sign :D:rolleyes: