My Pinky

felix

Here is a picture of my Yamaha Pinky which I recently bought, it's in pretty good nick I suppose just cleaned it down and slapped some stickers on it.

It's a jumpy buggar though, as soon as you turn the throttle the power is instantly there, almost enough to catch you if you're off guard, anyone know how I could make it a little bit safer?

TY250PinkyLeft.jpg

:beer: Hi, I have got a Pinky and it is a bit firey, and I know why. It is bored to 270cc and it is very sharp power wise. I have just purchased a 250 top end to sort it, as I want it as it should be soft power. I also have a shortened inlet manifold which is suppose to give extra torque. I notice your manifold is std though. :thumbup:

Hmm, interesting, I don't even know what an inlet manifold is :thumbup: I know I used to have an older TY250 (about 87) and the power was a lot softer, a lot easier to ride, however this one is soooo much lighter and the front disc brake is awesome, I think I preferred the softer power though.

remove the sump guard then take the four screws out of the round silver ignition cover,the flywheel

weight is the slightly gold coloured band around the flywheel, should be around 27mm wide from

standard, while youve got this off might be worth checking the timing marks on the stator plate

line up, you will have to borrow a flywheel holder and extractor, these marks should be level, sometimes

riders advance the ignition to gain a more quicker responce off the bottom, sounds like you just need to

spend time getting your bike right for you, these bikes you can put into different states of tune, it just

takes time to get it right .

One more thought. I remember when i had my first TY250 mono, just got another one see my other posting, i had it tweaked by Mick Andrews and the power was very smoooooooooth perfect for a duffer like me. Now a lot of this was down to the tail silencer which are no longer available. John Shirt used to sell them however i understand from talking to Nigel Birket today they are making soon a replica, takes about a week to fabricate