TY250 Speedo

250yam

I want to remove the speedo from my TY250, it hasn't been working for a while anyway by the looks of things.

I've sourced a new (2nd hand) brake plate because the casting had broke on mine where the torque arm bolts on. But, the cable's snapped off, and the speedo drive gear/worm drive are seized solid, and I just can't see how to get the cable out?

I planned to remove it completely and fill the hole up, but even on the old brake plate which isn't seized I can't work it out with all the gubbins removed.

Any advice?

Cheers

On my TY(175) the speedo cable is held in by a spring clip, then the cable just pulls out.

The drive is held on by a circlip (snap ring) in the centre of the hub. It may be greasy/dirty in there so may be hard to see.

Dunno if the 250 is the same, hope this helps.

Jon.

Well, sounds similar, the drive gear should be turned by a tabbed washer that sits on the top over two flats on the shaft part of the drive gear. All held on by a circlip, got that off, and the washer, but the actual gear is stuck solid, can't shift it a bit.

Think I'm just gona leave the drive gear in there without the washer, I've got what I can out out of the speedo cable hole, so I'll just fill that with chemical metal or similar.

Cheers