The Great 'how Much Oil' Question !

gjbiker

Fuel to oil ratio, what do YOU use ?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer to mix my fuel @ (as near as)

• 50:1
    • 55:1
    • 60:1
    • 65:1
    • 70:1
    • 75:1
    • 80:1
    • 85:1
    • 90:1 to 100:1
    • None of the above. I have a 4 stroke !
  2. 2. I prefer to use......

• Regular grade unleaded
    • A lower octane grade than above ?
    • Super Unleaded
    • A higher octane grade than above ?
    • Aviation fuel
    • Paraffin
    • A secret mixture handed down from Granda/Granny
  3. 3. I regard my mixing technique as......

• Expert - to the nearest millilitre
    • Reasonably acurate - within 5ml or so
    • Pure guess work ??????
    • Scientific - using micron technology

Poor old Angusgill ! He asked a question that raises its head quite frequently and started a riot (well not really a riot, I like to exagerate). It actually made very good reading but slightly deviated from the original question; How much 2 stroke oil do I mix in with my petrol and what type of petrol ?

Anyhooz, for future reference please participate in this poll.

Many thanks :banana2:

GJ :wall:

P.S. This was my sons idea so no nasty comments please. He has feelings, unlike his father !

gjbiker Posted Today, 03:09 PM

I feel so special to be the first to vote.

Good Idea to just do a poll might reduce all the "comments" and "gospel" I mean opinions.

Hey ! I wasn't trying to pull you guys apart ! Honest

I was just being a bit of a smart :banana2: and also trying to state what a good idea just a simple poll is to find out what everybody is using. I really thought it a good idea.

I was just being a bit of a smart :wall: and also trying to state what a good idea just a simple poll is to find out what everybody is using. I really thought it a good idea.

No worries Zippy, my sarcasm doesn't quite translate to text very well ! Thanks for the compliment, I'll pass it on to the youth who will no doubt grunt like a 15yr old does and say something like ' what's for tea?' or 'can I have a fiver to buy.......' !

GJ :banana2:

P.S. Good results so far, keep 'em coming. It's quite a close battle, more stats needed for a landslide victory though !

Surprised that so many already saying they use standard unleaded. Mine really does run noticeably worse on standard unleaded, and even starts it 'pinking'.

I ran my 06 250 beta yesterday for the first time on standard unleaded normally run on super unleaded and it was pinking ,can only put it down to the fuel

Edited by tilertrialler

Nice idea Gav, you feet dry or feet wet at the mo????? you have way too much time on your hands matey

I set my carburation up on Soooper Unleaded and it really does go like a pile of crap when I put unleaded in it, (last time I ask HER to get me 5l of petrol.....), the old mans is the opposite, I set his up with standard unleaded it goes like crap with sooooper.

Nice idea Gav, you feet dry or feet wet at the mo????? you have way too much time on your hands matey

I set my carburation up on Soooper Unleaded and it really does go like a pile of crap when I put unleaded in it, (last time I ask HER to get me 5l of petrol.....), the old mans is the opposite, I set his up with standard unleaded it goes like crap with sooooper.

Wet feet mate :D That explains having too much time on my hands eh ?

Poll seems to be working pretty well, quite pleased with the results so far. I set up the Gasser carb with the cheap stuff but I might treat my new addition to the family (4rt) to Sooooper dooooper unleaded (Any comments Montesa fans ?). Saying that, dunno if I'll keep it ? It's like going from a four pot to a V twin, might take a bit of gettin used to ?

Sorry, I digress.......... on with the poll :banana2:

GJ :wall:

90 votes, another 10 and we're there..........

Edited by gjbiker