Hose Clamps...

uhoh7

forgive once again my ignorance. getting ready to replace base gasket and need to detach radiator hose from cylinder. They are using some strange hose clamps. How do I loosen them, and can they be reused?

DO NOT !!!! reuse pinch type hose clamps !!!! they are a one time good deal , used so a machine can install them on a assembly line !!! You can buy them and the trick pliers to crimp them correctly , but why bother ?

just get some good screw type hose clamps that can be reused several times and don't over tighten them and shred the hose ends !!!!

TAKE YOUR TIME !!!

:D:beer:

Glenn

Trust me ! it's a metal fatigue thing !?

Edited by axulsuv

I'm sorry but you are wrong!!!!The clamps are reuseable :D

They have a catch on them so you are not crimping them. I have rode GASGAS trials bikes for over 10 years have never had a failure on a hose clamp. If you have any guestions about the clamps ask your dealer !!!!!! :beer:

Exactly spinner ive just had mine off the other week all you need is a pair of grips to squeeze them back together again oh and squeeze it to undo them also just make sure if they are miss shaped before you put them back on make them round as possible so its easier for you to put them back on :D

My BAD !!! I thought you were talking about the crimped type band clamps , Not catch type clamps , and yes with caution and practice the type with the retainer teeth and holes can be reused a few times...

Sorry they have a better type crimp clamp than I realized ! I'm sure you are familiar with the type of clamp I was referring to ? :D

:beer: Glenn

No problem Glenn you learn something new every day :)

uhoh7 if you keep posting those fantastic pictures your going to have a lot of company knocking on your door :D

Seriously keep the pictures coming!!!! Don't get to see many mountain out here :beer::)

Steve

thanks for all the help guys. I think I'll get a backup set of hose clamps to minimise down time, and then see how easy the pinch type are for me to deal with,

all the best,

uhoh7

P1010552.jpg

You forgot to say/put wish you were here on the photo!!!! :D:beer::):):)

Edited by gasgasthermo