4rt Longride

daggs888

Does anyone out there know of any alternative longride seat options other than the Mitani one ?. I'm looking to use my monty to travel 3.5 miles per day to and from work (i can do most of this off road on a green lane with a few nice little sections to play on :D . I would need to do about a mile on the road though :) , has anyone tried their 4RT on the road ?, or the longride seats ?.

My other problem as winter kicks in is lights ;) I'm almost sure it does something to the power if you fit them back on ?? anyone know know the score here (ferrett). If it does then I'll have to look at the installing a rechargable 12v battery (probally in the long ride seat) to power the lights. dont suppose anyone has tried this .... or looked at what can be done, have you ?

Cheers ..... :(:(

You can put the lights back on.

The connector in the loom is just under the nose of the tank. When you plug the lights in you will see a loop that links the white/green wire to the earth wire.

Remove it. Earthing the white/green wire changes the mapping of the motor and you need the inlet restrictor back in to run properly (and slowly)

See this post Click here for more info, or now you've moved to the NE, go to a trial and find me, I'll try to help you.

I worked this out from the manual, it contains 2 wiring diagrams, one in road (restricted) trim with lights and one in trials trim, trials trim but with working lights just needs the mod above

Thanks for the advice guy's, the mountain bike lights are a great idea, although cos i've got about a mile of road, the bike would also need to be legal.

All, who replied - PM me for free santiveri / montesa / repsol stickers ... just let me know what you want.

Cheers .. Daggs :):D:(;):(:D

Your bike is homologated with CE marked headlamp, tail/stop lamp and indicators. - It's a Honda after all!

You don't need any for daytime use, though you do need a horn.

It will run quite happily with them all and no reduction in power whilst riding a trial and allow you to ride legally (if uncomfortably) with them switched on in the dark. You just need a small alteration to the wiring, It's not difficult, like I said find me at a trial - I'll help you.

Edited by GII