Majesty

pitley

Well, it's all down to personal preference in terms of one bike suiting someone better than another (note I didn't say one bike being better than another - don't want to start a forum argument off on that... :D ) The 325 Beamish, if yours is a 325, will certainly make the 250 Yam feel weak in the power department as the 325 Beamish is a stonking engine. If it's a 250 Beamish, there shouldn't really be much between them.

The Majesty was developed by Magical and as such was designed for his riding ability, they were quick steering, short and a bit nervous or twitchy. Good on rocks but the 320 could be a bit lively in slippery conditions. The Beamish is the opposite, long, slower steering, lazy torquey motor and grips like buggery in the mud. Not quite so nimble on nadgery stuff. I used to like mine.

You'll hear a lot of people say leave the 320 Majesty alone and the 250 is a better bike, but my opinion is the reverse but it is only my personal opinion. With the electronic ignition which enables much more precise timing adjustment, thicker (or multiple) head gaskets, bigger exhaust, it's possible to make the 320 quite docile but very torquey. To make the 250 go you'd have to give it to Shirty (no longer interested in Yams) or Nigel Birkett. No idea what they do to them as I've never tried one, but I did try an ex Scarlett 250 years ago and that was a cracking bike - nothing like the thing I had... But it's knowing what to do.

To 320 it, you need a piston from a DT360 (or a DT400 which will make it 340) a new liner and you'd need to open the crankcase mouth slightly - I'm told this can be done with a dremel without splitting the engine as it only needs a tiny amount taken off - whilst taking care not to let dust/filings drop into the crank. I've an idea they may have had the combustion chamber altered too for the extra cc but don't know for sure. Food for thought if you really do think that the 250 is too gutless.

I have all the parts to make a 320 if anyone is interested, The parts have only done 4-5hrs since a complete engine rebuild. Parts available are:-

320 piston, rings, gudgen pin and little end bearing

320 head and barrel

320 head gasket

320 barrel spacer ( goes between barrel and crank cases)

modified crank cases

I also have a fly wheel with a full width weight, but wish to exchange this for a 250 item, as I want to rebuild it as a 250, If you are interested let me know

Cheers Mark

Edited by majesty320

I also have a fly wheel with a full width weight, but wish to exchange this for a 250 item, as I want to rebuild it as a 250, If you are interested let me know

Cheers Mark

Mark, there isn't a 320 flywheel, they used the standard TY250 item so you already have one. Just remove the weight if you want the engine to pick up quicker.

I was working on a site with a bloke earlier in the year who has got a Majesty 250, (doesn't ride at present) and he was friendly with the bloke at WES, and I think he said he did not do technology, if you pump it into google I think you end up at BVMs site. :D