Addingham Moorside

pistonbroke

there was another post recently about this, i was there two weeks ago, no signs up to say closed, gates unlocked, and quite a few practicing. i have to say though the farmer did'nt make an apperance for his two quid.

does anyone know the correct availability for this land as i wont ride there if it really is shut. will be a shame if it is shut great venue.

What we've had over the last few weeks is a thread saying..

"where is it ?"

followed by "its shut"

followed by "no its not, i was there on saturday"

Judging by the number of people who have ridden there recently, i would guess that its still open but someone needs to put this to bed once and for all.

....and for the record..i've no idea where it is either! :D

The Current Situation is that Bradford Council are trying to shut down the venue but the farmer is refusing the requests and until then he is happy to let riders use the venue.

As for directions The village is signed from both sides of the Silsden Addingham road. I come up the Bypass from Ilkley to the Roundabout and take the Silsden exit,(first left). Then take the slip road on the left and head up the Hill. Its narrow at the bottom and widens as you go up. You will get to a Crossroads at the top. Turn right on to Brown bank Lane and go down the road a few hundred yards. Then Turn left into Light Bank Lane. Form Silsden you turn right and keep going until you see Light Bank Lane on the right. Its narrow so take care. The entrance is on the left. The Fothersgill's keep sheep on the land so make sure you shut the gate behind you and don't leave any rubbish.

Edited by Telecat