Newbie And Registering My Bike Problems!

dave dix

Hi, great forum for an old trialer.

Does anyone know how i get an age-related certificate for my yamaha ty250 mono? as i dont want a Q plate.

I regestered my old norton without a hitch as vintage m/c club varified its date but i am having trouble to find who can do a yamaha. It has 86 on the wheels so its probably a 1987 bike but DVLA wont take it as fact.

Thanks

Dave

Hi, welcome to a great site :lol:

There was someone on here the other day that mentioned he wrote off to Yamaha with the bike details frame and engine number etc. and they came back with all the details needed. Just had a quick look for said topic but really can`t remember where it is? if I come across it i`ll put it in here

found it :thumbup:Here

also just come across this! Here

Edited by barrybaines

Hi I wrote to Yamaha UK Sopwith drive Brooklands Weybridge Surrey KT12 OUZ ,with details of model + frame No and they wrote back with year of manufacture - at no cost either! :guinness:

That was lucky, I registered a TTR enduro bike last year (I've also done my trials bikes a number of times , which already have a cert.) Yamaha verified the age as mentioned above but they charged me the 'standard'