4rt Advice

fantic156

i will let you know i am waiting for <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> to get the next batch of

2 ptb and than shes off in for one fitting, plus thats all i can afford so

there will be no new front pipe.

i also have raptor foot pegs and hangers, the quality is second to none, and the bike seems

to grip better maybe its all in the mind.

jsp

thats it the new ptb was fitted yesterday so today will be my first

test ride and then next week post hill with west of leeds for real.

jsp

Edited by jsp

I have one of the first 05's.........................took me a year to dial it in to my liking.

then I rode my buddies new o6...........its great, no need to touch anything!

just put in the recommended cluttch oil

install a 315 air filter and run race gas........................you should be happy!...................masso

Thanks for the replies.

Very interested in what you think when you get the 2 map ptb JSP please let me know. Why is the 315 air filter better? Is Race gas similar to the uk shell optimax or the BP ultimate? Elf HTX 740 in the gearbox I agree is a must used it in mine and the childrens bikes since the first 315 back in 97 (Yams , Betas, Sherco and Fantic) The uk importer lives local to me so don't have to much trouble getting hold of it. Didn't know the O6 has lower gearing (42 rear I've been told) is this true and if so have any 06 owners felt a need to change to the 43 or higher rear or does the mild programmed PTB smoooooth things out so much a change in gearing isn't needed. Ferretflasher can you adapt the carbon fibre guard off a repsol to fit the mitani front pipe?

Thanks again :guinness:

Not seen a bike, beer or a woman for 5 weeks. Get me back to Hope Cement works for the Peak....Im a desparate!!!

FF

Trying to throw us of the scent FF...

I'm guessing your desperate list will be reversed when back to the city !!! :guinness:

About minus A$ 1000!!........and different coloured plastics!

FF,

Are you saying a brand new 2005 4 r t still in a box, sitting next to a brand new 2007 4 r t are exactly the same except for graphics ?

No improvements? or none needed.

Steveo.

I've been looking at the difference and waying up which mont to buy between the 05, 06 repsol and the 07, all of which I am sure you can buy in the uk. I am not saying I know all of the changes or that rumours I have heard are factual, but just what I have found out reading posts and talking to people. 05-06 heard there was a little agro on a selected few with an internal bolt on the kickstart mechanism, which can result in damaged casings. I believe this has been altered on the 06. The 05 clutch was generally commented on as being very sharp and has been changed on the 06, I have been told that some 05 where called back to the dealers to have a new fan motor fitted which I assume was rectified on the 06. The changes for the 07 are listed on Sandifords site, but they are not huge (new bars quieter exhaust). The 06 repsol has loads of bling sandifords site lists it all. So not a lot of change at all from 05-07 but wasn't the 315 the same just subtle differences each year that added together made a better bike.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies.

Very interested in what you think when you get the 2 map ptb JSP please let me know. Why is the 315 air filter better? Is Race gas similar to the uk shell optimax or the BP ultimate? Elf HTX 740 in the gearbox I agree is a must used it in mine and the childrens bikes since the first 315 back in 97 (Yams , Betas, Sherco and Fantic) The uk importer lives local to me so don't have to much trouble getting hold of it. Didn't know the O6 has lower gearing (42 rear I've been told) is this true and if so have any 06 owners felt a need to change to the 43 or higher rear or does the mild programmed PTB smoooooth things out so much a change in gearing isn't needed. Ferretflasher can you adapt the carbon fibre guard off a repsol to fit the mitani front pipe?

Thanks again :wall:

cheers frantic.........I prefer the 315 because it breaths better, can therefore rev out better, stocker seems chocked to me , don't see how any air can get through stocker....try one, see if you like it

I also have put larger rear sprocket ...can loft front wheel easier...not as sluggish ..........as you can see, I've not gotten over 2-stroke type reving and snap!!!

the racing gas, you have to find speciallized shop that deals only with racing cars.........you'll notice difference