2004 315r Setup / Preparation

ticket2ride

Hey Guys:

At last - after a few weeks of searching I've at last found myself a good 315r (for a while there I nearly went down the Rev-3 route!!)...

Anyways - I've been searching through this forum to find out what I should be doing to the bike set-up wise...and it seems there are a few things worth doing....but, I can't figure out whether some of the mods are only applicable to newer model bikes....

Can anybody help out with the following:

Sureflex clutch plates (will a 2004 need them?)

Boysen Reeds ?

42 - 11 gearing ratio

Delta linkage plates

Straight through exhaust silencer?

From what I understand - later models shouldn't need the head porting job.....and it's best to run off high-octane fuel?

Can anybody advise on the pre-mix ratio?

Thanks alot

I collect the bike on Friday and hope to be out riding this Sunday...!!

Had an 99& 03, 315, now 4rt.

Tried cr clutch plates, they're crap!, no better than standard, get the sureflex or mitani ones, they are much better.

Also, use silkolene pro7SRG oil in it, it helps, is recommended by sandifords, and is half the price of ELF HTX740, WHICH IS ALSO GOOD.

bOYESON REEDS WILL SHARPEN UP THE POWER DELIVERY, IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT

Never bothered myself with boyesons, its got plenty of "go", as it is.

FOR FUEL/ OIL 70 TO 80 TO 1 WILL BE FINE, BUT IT IS VITAL THAT YOU USE SHELL OPTIMAX, TO STOP THE DREADED "kNOCK"

If your bike is 03 or 04, it will allready have the straight muffler tube.

Standard gearing is fine, if anything, maybe go up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket. if you want 1st gear to be a bit lower, for ultra tight/ slow stuff.

Delta links only raise the rear end a little, i don't seee any advantage in using them.

More important to clean your filter after every trial, change the engine oil after 6 outings, check coolant and check linkages, as they will need taking apart for greasing (silkolene red grease works for me), regularly.

But, above all ......................HAVE FUN!!