Why No World Round In The Us For 2007?

rlg

The event organizers do not want it in the US this year. You can make up your own reason why. It's either money or they just don't want to come, too far, not enough amenities. TTC put on an awesome event this year too bad it won't be back next year, but maybe next time. Maybe it would help if the US had contenders. Just my .02.

A few years ago the manufacturers asked the FIM to spread the WTC round a bit

to get new continents/countries involved so as to expand their market.

Now they wish they had not asked!!!

How many bikes are they going to sell in Guatemala do you think!

It's now official. I am NOT going to Guatamala (or Japan) next year. It's a full week off work for each of the long-hauls. If it had been USA then I'd have gone, but not Guatamala. I still plan on attending the other eight rounds.

This means I'll be in Fort William for the entire SSDT instead of having to leave and then come back due to lack fo holidays from work as happened this year. I'm happy about that one :hyper:

the f.i.m having a world round in gutamala (cant spell either) if you ask me is a load of s**t, like it has already been said on the forum how many bikes you going to sell there! the u.s.a would be far better, i think the guys and gals from the f.i.m just want to travel the world going to different places, im betting next year a few events maybe, lapland, disney land, las vegas, its stupid, seen as the teams are struggling for money aswell, it sumed it up last week when the f.i.m meeting was in brazil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many trials riders in brazil!!!!! or motorcycle riders, ( only baros) i think some members of the f.i.m hadnt been to brazil so they fancied a nice little holiday somewhere nice, eat fancy food and maybe just stay a few extra nights to have a look around, it doesnt matter anyway because were paying for it anyway, same as the a.c.u, yeah they work hard(some of them) but they dont have to work hard while been in brazil while been wined and dined and having the best of everyfing!!!! "glass of wine sir" "yes please" " infact" "make it 12 bottles of the finest and most exspensive you have" "& tip the waitress" it dosent matter though because were paying for it! we get to ride a trial & pay like

Bit harsh that "theused" I DO KNOW that the UK ACU folk get a

pittance travel expences, and there may be only 1 at an event

and not every event will be somebody representinting the ACU,

That person is subsidised by the FIM.

There is no need for an ACU rep at every WTC round.

Entry fees in the UK are up as clubs are having to pay landowners MORE

agree with you stu, i was mainly having a go at the f.i.m that do take us for mugs and are only in the sport to make money, i im involved in a club and our land owner hardy want anything compared to the amount of money the a.c.u take, infact i think our land owners want the same as they did ( or should i say werw still paying them the same as we did when our entries were a

I heard that it was between Guatamala and Antartica... and Guatamala won. Looks like Antartica will be the following year. Hopefully, they will return to the USA someday. I really enjoyed the Duluth and TTC world rounds the last couple years.