Ajp Master Cylinder

seandellear

Hi All

This evening I went to change my levers on my 06 125 that is now about 1 1/2 months old from new to some nice gold appico ones and after removing the lock nut on the front brake side i went to undo the bolt holding the leaver, the factory had done this up fairly tight but as I undid it it was grinding slightly and when i removed the bolt alol the threads pulled out with it! Now I don't want to fork out

I dont think this will be under warenty because the bolts are never done up tight if they were you would not be able to pull the lever in, the bolt adjusts the free play in the bush then you lock the bolt with the nut.

your best bet if you have no joy with your claim is to take your bike to an engineering shop and get them to put a helicoil in it.

:( Yer will do but I am just using the lock nut at the moment just nipped it up and backed it off a little I also put a small of loctite on the nut which is a nylock so it wont be coming undone and it should be alrite but if I have any trouble will get my uncle to helicoil it for me! I think the problem was slightly cocked threads on the bolt and because the material is so soft it just pulled the threads!

Many thanks

sean