07 Peg Height

sideup

Out riding today with my friend on his new 07 250 Rev3, me on a 06 270 Rev3.

Gave the 07 a go: Definitely noticed more bending of stance and more weight on the hands and more of a cramped riding position.

We did a quick side by side check with a measure stick. Not 100% sure but it seems that the 07 foot peg height was about 1/2 inch higher and 1/2 forward from 06.

Bar height seems to be the same from year to year.

Granted, not a completely accurate measurement but we both noticed there is a feel of a more compact riding position.

Maybe a good thing for my friend who is 5'6" but I , 6'0" perferred the 06 stance.

I wonder if 1/2" back and 1/2" lower pegs are in the works at any accessories parts places.

Edited by sideup

Have a look at the image below. I took it from the 2007 Beta brochure and added some dimentions using scale tool on Corel draw.

Have you got a good side on picture of the 2006 so we can compare?

post-16-1165864241.jpg

Edited by steve

It's a better picture but it may not be too acurate as even if the photo was taken from a very slight different angle all the measurements could be way out. I tried to take a data point on the beta frame that will be consistent over the 2 bikes and scale them to that.

The pictures seem to suggest the pegs are furter back on the 07 model.

I think I'll give this one up!!

post-16-1165950975.jpg

Steve,

Good try with the pictures. I have tried this in the past and it is really hard to get good measurements in pixals.

I'll be heading out this weekend and will try to get more accurate results.

We were using the swingarm pivot point as a reference fore/aft instead of the rear axle. Probably both points of reference is best.

Also assuming the brake pivot is the same, it appears that the 07 peg is more forward than the 06.

Heck my 06 brackets may be so bent it's hard to get a good measurement. I'll straighten them, ...again.

No matter, three previous 06 owners noticed something is different.

Jack

When switch bikes you can always feel if something is different. It's not always easy to tell what though eh. Also just because it's different doesn't neccesarily make it better or worse - It's just what you feel most comfortable with and suits your style of riding.

I agree even same model year between different riders bikes one can notice differences in set up.

Also manufactures must decide what size person they optimise the bike control points for: ergonomics.

Could be set up to suit a rider at 5'9" rider vs. a 6'3" rider.

Feedback from a small test rider maybe different than a tall test rider. Not better or worse, depends on size of rider.

That's why I asked the question, perhaps it was set up for a smaller rider this year from feed back from last year. Nothing that could not be adjusted or the rider could adjust to, just different.