Sherco Throttle

big-ian

However, the primary gasket, M 681 appears to be a carryover in the parts book.

Now I am really confused! huh.gif

So it is! maybe it's the same then, I must admit i just presumed the 07 bike had all the same engine parts as the cabestany except the cylinder head. Looking at the parts book it appears they have used the new center cases but haven't used the Cabestany barrel, I've not had the barrel off the 07 bike so I don't really know.

The base gasket on the cabestany was much wider around the transfer ports to suit the barrel which has smaller transfer ports.

Chris

I experimented with a .5mm thicker base gasket on a 300 raga gas gas to make it easier to kick over,which worked fine.The downside was a softer engine which stalled too easily,and lost its topend power.I've gone back to the original gasket,and tolerate it it being harder to kick over.I suspect that on a modern trials bike small changes have a greater effect than you would think.I,'d use a slow action twistgrip with the 9t sprocket and see how he gets on.

Hello Big Ian

On the 290 change the sprockets to a 9/44 combination, fit a slow action throttle and retard the timing 8mm

the results are easyer starting and very smooth of the bottom and with the slower gearing it will slow you up and help you to ride smoother with better results

Happy new year

Johnnysherco