250 Majesty Front End Conversion

scotty

hi guys, has anyone out here fitted a yam mono (drum brake) front end to a yam framed majesty 250 i understand that the mono yokes cant also be fitted? and have to mill out the STD ty yokes to accept the mono forks! does anyone know what the wheelbase will be after this conversion's been done?

as the bikes already seems short with (i think) 51" wheelbase! if i cant get the above parts i need ive looked at the b+j racing web site and see there still doing the uprated( i think) fork springs and also a boyesson reed valve and alloy spacer kit that looks interesting, anyone tried these?

on a different note i cut off the std footrest mounts and offered up the oversized footrests/brackets tomorrow im getting some 19mm nuts welded in the botton frame holes to complete. next step will be to obtain the SM front pipe so i can fit the full WES system ive had kicking around for ages! again might have to cut the front pipe down to make fit and also need an exhaust flange!(where can i get one anyone know?)

thanks in advance lads! :thumbup:

Scotty.

To put a Ty mono front end in your Maj, Your standard Ty yokes need to be bored out 1.5mm to take the later larger stantions.

I got my forks from, On Any Sunday Motorcycles in Devon UK.

The wheel base on my bike is 52.5 inches, which is nice and stable in rocky sections.

Not done any exhaust mods yet but thats the next job.

Probably be making a stainless front pipe from dairy tube.

You really need to be good mates with someone who has welding and fabbing facilitys, you could then make a flange from may be a 5mm st/st plate and cut it to suit using a plasma cutter.

You can buy 90 degree bends & tube from your local st/st stock holder.

Not tried the reed valves so cant comment. Cheers :thumbup:

Edited by pitley

Thanks pitley, fitted the large footrests, all welded and sorted now! what a difference they make slightly lower and back a bit feels like i can pull it tighter in a turn now than before! better balance and feel to the bike.

will order the SM front pipe, still waiting to hear from b+j racing on the uprated springs will post as and when on the results? i reckon on finding a decent front end re mono complete will be slim might buy a whole bike and tear the front end off and sell the rest! still think the std front end on the bike looks loads better but sure the mono front end will be ten times better than stock! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

ok lads, ive deciced to stay with the standard set up (with poss b+j fork springs!) after mick andrews himself gave my bike a good workout!!! :dunce: and said the forks were spot on as they were and not to bother with the mono front end? if anyone knows he should! :banana2: