Tlr200 & Tlr250 Differences

g4321

I have been modifying a TLR200 swinging arm to fit my TLR250 (to allow me to use different shocks) and have come across a couple of interesting differences.

1 Swinging arm length - identical

2 Swinging arm spindle diameter - identical (I initially thought 200 was smaller diameter)

3 Wheel spindle is larger diameter on 250 - 15mm against 12mm (or 13mm) on 200.

4 Chain adjustment slots are longer on 250 - allows for more chain adjustment & shorter wheelbase (roughly 10mm difference) - just mill, grind or file the slots 10mm to the front of the swinging arm & buy or make smaller snail cam adjusters - the 250 slots stop 7mm from the snail cam 'pin'.

5 Chain Tensioner mount differs - the 250 is braced on the front, the 200 is braced on the bottom -this means nothing until you read the next bit!

The 200 has 390mm shocks, the 250 410mm shocks

If you want longer shocks on your 200 to raise the rear & sharpen steering the only modification you need to do is modify the chain tensioner mount, the bracing bar on the tensioner touches the frame tube if you try to fit (tlr250) ie longer shocks. Cut off the bracing bar on the tensioner mount and the swinging arm will be able to 'drop' further & 410mm shocks can be fitted. On the 250 there is a brace at the front of the tensioner mount.

My plan is to attach new mounts on my 'new' swinging arm to utilise 360mm Betor shocks rather than get my Falcons rebuilt again.

New Alloy Rockshocks would be nice but my riding skill cant justify the