All Bottom Bearing Gone (are The Rear Shock Area)

wonder boy

Hey i just want to know this, i doing work on my bike to day and want to have a look at the bearings around the shock area. All of the needle bearings have gone (ever bearing has gone). Why is this and is it normal i was a bit shocked to see this because dose this happpen with ever bike.

Gavin Brown

Dont know just want to have a look at the bearings and thank god i did. You can't fit grease nipples they would just get nocked off or something would happen to them. So is there any other way to make sure when i replace the bearings they wont go again.

Gavin

yep this is normal, done mine twice in the last 6 months, check the linkage arm has not gone oval due to whacks off rocks, Grease or replace the bearings, clean the rust off the bushes or replace.

Twice in the last 6 months i canreally be bothered do it again i've had enough trouble trying to get them out. Well i will be greasing then up ever few weeks.months so it doen't happen again.

Gavin

I hate to think what my other friends bikes are like.

I made myself a stainless steel copy of the original alloy link arm, it takes more of a pounding and the bearing seal tends to stay round.

Anyone need an Autocad drawing let me know.......Cheers

Could you explain more on your drawing please.

Gavin

• 5 years later...
I made myself a stainless steel copy of the original alloy link arm, it takes more of a pounding and the bearing seal tends to stay round.

Anyone need an Autocad drawing let me know.......Cheers

Hi

I realise this post is years old but would appreciate a copy of the drawing of the rear suspension link.

Thanks

Geoff