06 Best

jack_h

This picture taken by Sergio who posts on these forums. Awesome! I'm pretty sure it was taken at the last round in Belgium? Proof, if it was ever needed, why Raga is no. 1 <_<

post-1725-1168208892.jpg

Disagree that this is what makes Raga#1, there are probably dozens of equally spectacular shots of the different riders in the same position as him (as the later shots show)

What makes this a superb photograph is the timing. If you look closely you can see Sergio has caught the shot just after the point of impact, the back tyre has started to crumple before the suspension takes the hit, Raga is still beyond the vertical. It is a good shot, however and I'm not detracting from the shot itself only the impression. Sergio's photo does not show the kicker they have launched the splat off or the crash mats <_< (psychopaths the lot of them), it's possible this is what makes the section look less than what it is in the video.

Timing again, (for me anyway) is what makes the second Eric Kitchen shot of Ross all the more spectacular as well, but then again Eric is the Master.

Any good modern camera will get the exposure right but unless you have the eye to catch THE shot, you'll only be an average snapper.