New To Trials, And Scorpa, Maintainance Advice Please?

fedralseth666

Ive just bought my first trials bike (im a motocross/enduro ride normally) its a 2003 scorpa sy 250 and im going through it all periodically, so far i have done:

cleaned the air box/filter

changed the gearbox oil

clean the throttle housing

removed some of the sized bolts from the inserts in the air box

im going to be stripping the carb to clean it and change the spark plug.

anything else i should do?

a few problems im having that i cant sort are, seized spoke nipples, how could i loosten them or should i get the wheel rebuilt?

the sump plug is seized in/v. tight and the nut is rounded off, ive drained the oil from the side bolt below the gear shifter ( and held the bike by the front fork and on its side to get as much oil out as possible) is it ok to do it like this? will it get all the oil out or should i get the sump nut removed by a shop? i could do it but dont want the hassle.

the rear break isnt very powerful, the front is vicious but the rear sucks, is there anything i could try to impove the power?

many thanks, Tim.

Edited by fedralseth666

spoke nipples will need plenty of heat to move them, probable best to rebuild as you will probable destroy them trying to tighten them up. spokes about a quid each + the cost of a nipple.

sump bolt is made of toffee get it removed and replace with somethink else, cant be sure but i think bmw do a suitable replacment.

rear brake should work fine. try bleeding it or maybee a new set of pads asuming it isnt seized.

on the oil front even with the sump plug out you will struggle to get all the oil out so do what you can and refill so oil comes out of the oil level bolt.good luck.

Ive just bought my first trials bike (im a motocross/enduro ride normally) its a 2003 scorpa sy 250 and im going through it all periodically, so far i have done:

cleaned the air box/filter

changed the gearbox oil

clean the throttle housing

removed some of the sized bolts from the inserts in the air box

im going to be stripping the carb to clean it and change the spark plug.

anything else i should do?

a few problems im having that i cant sort are, seized spoke nipples, how could i loosten them or should i get the wheel rebuilt?

the sump plug is seized in/v. tight and the nut is rounded off, ive drained the oil from the side bolt below the gear shifter ( and held the bike by the front fork and on its side to get as much oil out as possible) is it ok to do it like this? will it get all the oil out or should i get the sump nut removed by a shop? i could do it but dont want the hassle.

the rear break isnt very powerful, the front is vicious but the rear sucks, is there anything i could try to impove the power?

many thanks, Tim.

Hi, keep one maitanied isn't very hard just clean it after EVERY trials!