Bitch Session!

copemech

I know it has been too quiet here, so I will start it!

Why is it some or most of the manufacturers of trials machines just cannot seem to get it right?

Everyone has a love/hate relationship with the bike it seems, some more than others.

Do the Spanyards, Itialians, French or Japs even understand ENGLISH?

Beta's p***, Gassers pegs fall off, Sherco mudguards do not fit properly and twist, God help you on a 4t whatever! Mont= more money, that will help!

This is nothing new, and at the cost of bikes, well-------comments welcomed HERE!

Tell your stories!

Some of this crap should have been recalled! :D

Lets hear it!

Edited by copemech

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I remember paying L1000 for a 12mhz computer that was not worth a crap, with exchange rates here, everything has increased. I here the 4T beta will go over $8000! That is L4000 roughly. More Bitch!!!!!! And will it run?????? Who knows, may have to sort it like the others.

Edited by copemech

All brands today are sooooo much better than they used to be.( I still can`t figure out why the wind in New Mexico blows West to east. But I do have my my hunches!)

The Beta is art, Gas Gas is the PRO, Sherco has RYP, And Honda has always made the best 4 stroke!

You must be having a bad start to this year with all the brands doing so well!!

Have to say I had a new Rev3 in 2004 which needed two stators in five trials..... no excuse for the same fault occuring the following year on the '05 models!

I did almost buy a Sherco 4t in '05. I really liked the way it rode when I tried it, unlike the Montesa which I didn't 'click' with. However I couldn't start the Sherco, not from cold... not from hot.

I know there's a 'knack' to starting them, but if the supplying dealer has to get his mechanic to come out and start the bike and you can't get it by the end of a demo ride, then the factory haven't done their development right.

At least the factories should make sure that problems don't continue for a second model year!

They are low production, specialized competion machines. Look at bicycles, when quality and precision go up, you're paying 10k for a high end competion BICYCLE. Thats about $40 an ounce.

Are you willing to pay $20k for your next ride? There seem to be a lot of trials enthusiasts stuck in some sort of $ time warp! Quality ain't free. And if you are making less than a gozillion of them, it costs even more.

I think the quality of the bikes reflects the market. All manufacturers do what they can to keep product at the top of the market. They rely on input, sales , R&D and seat of the pants experience to maintain that all important balance between profitability and bankruptcy.

Does Gas Gas have a corporate Jet? Ya know, Oakley does! They have a whole fleet! But then again they get $100 and up for a couple of ounces of well designed and made plastic. So if a trials manufacturer could charge $50 an ounce, a trials bike would be around $115,000.00.

I bet they could make a nice bike for that! :D

Manufacturer's know trial's people won't pay any more for the bike's,they know we'd rather put up with bad fitting plastic's and so on.

Most of people's bad experiance's with there bike's are down to bad maintenance on the rider's part,I don't think some rider's understand the bashing they give there bike's over a year of trial's.

I knew a MX rider who had his bike down to it's gut's on the monday after his racing ,how many trials' rider's do that after each trial.

For some reason rider's think a trial's bike look's after it's self.

How much does it cost the factory to produce a bike,Any one know i guess about

Edited by bilco

How many consumers buy something brand; new push it in the back of an old van drive to the nearest quarry. Rev the n***s off it, drop the clutch at a zillion revs and throw it at stone walls. Not satisfied with that they slide down the nearest muddy bank up the foot deep rocky beck though a 2 foot deep muddy rut at max revs in third gear. Not satisfied with doing it once do it another 40 times every sunday and then spend a quid to maintain it at the local jet wash.. then complain that they dont make em like they used to and thier not good value for money at 3400 quid or 4500 if you want to save the hassle of mixing oil with your petrol.

As raised earlier I have a half decent mountain bike and that stood me almost 2k for a bike..

How many consumers buy something brand; new push it in the back of an old van drive to the nearest quarry. Rev the n***s off it, drop the clutch at a zillion revs and throw it at stone walls. Not satisfied with that they slide down the nearest muddy bank up the foot deep rocky beck though a 2 foot deep muddy rut at max revs in third gear. Not satisfied with doing it once do it another 40 times every sunday and then spend a quid to maintain it at the local jet wash.. then complain that they dont make em like they used to and thier not good value for money at 3400 quid or 4500 if you want to save the hassle of mixing oil with your petrol.

As raised earlier I have a half decent mountain bike and that stood me almost 2k for a bike..

I agree with you on that issue, but the point I was trying to make is that there's no excuse for problems to continue into the next years model.

Hey Copey :D maybe we should give you a TY80 and see how many times you push it back to camp. I can remember pushing some of my bikes more than I rode them. A soon as I hit a puddle of water the bike was sure to die. Or the old Bultaco drum brakes that when got wet made you go faster down hills.

I usually dont bring tools when I go practice. My 2006 Sherco has not let me down. General repairs made with no major problems.

Gotta love the new bikes, I still remember the old days

When I started working in a honda dealership in the 70's, I rebuilt motors all day every day. Bent valves, seized, broken, porous castings and points. Points still baffle my techs, they will dive into a fuel injection problem. Run circuits on the latest bizzarly large wiring diagram. But for the most part they do routine maintenance, and very few major failures.

So jump down off that stump and kiss that modern bike that's "So Bad". Because it's starving me out! I'm like a maytag repairman. I'm looking forward to the chinese crap so I'll have something to work on.......if I could only get parts. :D