M.a.c Ossa 250

physco

HI, does any body remember the revolutionary macdonad autocycles ossa 250 built by duncan macdonald.this is the guy who used to be involved with the mtb brand PACE.it makes me laugh that these bikes were so ahead of their time but never caught on.any body got any pictures or information or who can point me in the direction of one of these rare machines.

• 6 years later...

Your dead right they were so ahead of their time, Mac Ossa monocoque frame conversion, built by MacDonald Auto Cycles in Cheshire, Dave Murray rode the first production bike in the Northern Experts. Of rivetted aluminum welded round the steering head, the bike weighed only 185 lb dry. They also made one with the Mickmar 250cc motor..

There are some photos of both trialsbikes on my website, link below.

http://www.custgp.com/trialsbiketwo.html

Cheers Will

• Like 1

• 13 years later...

I used to work for John- Duncan’s dad, with Andy his brother. I remember assembling Ossa 250 MAR bikes out of the crates and testing them on a demolition site over the road on Pickford St Macclesfield. Dunc’s bikes were fab, 20 years ahead of any other frames, jig welded front down tubes and swing arm and a donor MAR and off you go (went)! 50 years ago! Hippy 2 stroke days!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...