125cc Rule

trials lad

Hi....

The new rule comeing out saying than youth riders have to ride 125s until their 17, Whats the point of it? youth riders have been fine riding 250s for years. Why is this rule being used?

I don't want to ride a 125 again. :wacko:

Danny

• 4 weeks later...

Guest Yamaha_dude

:D i amy have good news for you trials la, i am 13 and just started last year i have a yamaha ty250cc, but since i strted with a 250cc bike before 2004 apparently i dont have to go down to a 125. My local club secretary told me this so i think it must be true.

Maybe the rule only applies to current youth riders riding 125s and means they cannot upgrade to a 250 until they reach 17.

Also i think this rule is because of new emmision laws, which once again is the goverment messing around with us :D

any way i think you should ask your local club leader or secretary.

:D

last year in MX it was 250cc (two stork or four stroke) till 17 then open

God Jamie, after a 450 what's an "open" in MX (I know, up to 650)? I'm not arguing against you or John, who have both proven themselves to act in the riders interests, but the FIM. I really don't understand how there seems to be such a perceived difference in abilities of young trials riders and MX riders. If the requirement was for the use of trials bikes on public roads I understand. If not it smacks of hypocrisy.

Can you imagine two adjacent rooms in Geneva, in one, the trials & enduro subcommittee arguing that contemporary trials bikes are too powerful for 15 yr olds when they push out all of 20 HP and in the adjecent room where the MX subcommittee are meeting they're arguing that 15 yr olds are perfectly capable of handling 80 HP. See my argument about hypocrisy?

Soddit put a 16 yr old on 250 road racing bike (permissable) which chucks out 120 or so hp!!!!

Edited by TooFastTim

youth MX (6 to 15ish) is done on age based class (autos, small wheel 85cc, big wheel 85cc and then 125cc - there used to be many more) so the youth moving to adults at 15 have ridden a 125 for some time (and are quick). previously we were getting the very best move up to expert and 3 races (ie beating the local juniors hands down) but being stuck on a 125cc bike in the experts (we only run "open" experts) as the experts are all running 450cc.

anyways in trials cc isn't "such" a big thing as MX.

BTW don't know what the enduro rules are re age and cc without looking

as to whats 450cc plus, well most manufacturers have stopped making MX bikes above 450cc, but European makers make up to about 550 (KTM, husaberg, Husqvarna, TM, VOR, etc). 650 is only used by supermoto people :D

rabie :D