Bemrose- Borrowed Pump-broken- Let Me Know Your Name!

Unfortunately I didn't finish this trial as incurred a large slit in the tyre attempting the step at the end of the 1st loop- and tyre came off the rim. Only one person at the whole event had a "beader" as I call them, but then my brother had the dog turds...and Dad was spectating in the car which had our foot pump in....

Anyway, point of the post is to say thanks to Rod Nichols who leant me the beader and helped me try and get back on the road. I'm also trying to trace another rider in a van opposite the back of his, who leant me a foot pump, which unfortunately broke whilst someone was giving it some hammer whilst we tried to get the tyre on the rim. I left a note tucked into the van door handle, with my contact detils, and have bought a new pump ready to post out, but he hasn't been in touch- let me know your name and I will send it on!

When my bro caught up with dad, and he returned, we did get the tyre back on the rim, but by then it was approaching 4pm..too late to re-join the fray. Oh well, for 2 years on the trot have only completed the first loop of the Bemrose- there's always next year..

Tordi, that is Dad (Rod) on here, the portly bloke you borrowed the foot pump off was Ralph on here, I gave you ralphs pump that you bust we will be at the Jack Wood if your coming, saves posting. Thanks for leaving your details as well, sorry you did nt finish mate

Just pm Ralph on here for contact or me

Edited by Betarev3

Hi Jordi,

This is a small world we live you know.

Thank you for your details, was going to get in touch when i thought your name was familiar looked back over may e-mails and it was you i bought the Dellorto and Rapters off.When i rode off on Sunday i was trying to place you.

No problem with the pump keep it for a spare and thank you for the Dellorto best thing i bought for my bike.

At med school do they teach you to write like that i think Justin said when he read the note that it looked like a Doctors hand writting.

Cheers Ralph.

• 2 weeks later...