Jarvis Wins On Sherco Four Stroke.

john.b

A debut win for Jarvis, however great an achievement given the calibre of the opposition is still not a true test of the bike. Wait until Joe Public gets his hands on them, then we will find out.

Still it is good to see that Sherco, Scorpa and Beta are serious about 4 strokes.

Isn't this 'big news' this win, coupled with the bikes reapperance??? i did notice todotrial has given this win a little more air play. Ian it'd have thought this would have made home page headline news..... now where's Ishy to add his ten pence worth.

Edited by spud

Isn't this 'big news' this win, coupled with the bikes reapperance??? i did notice todotrial has given this win a little more air play. Ian it'd have thought this would have made home page headline news..... now where's Ishy to add his ten pence worth.

That only works if I GET the news. I'm not going to go chasing it.

Sherco are selective in their press releases. For example, they send them out when Cabestany is doing well, but not when he isn't.

There's probably at least two groups of people that don't really want to shout about it:

The 2 stroke boys who'd rather stay away from 4 stroke and couldn't care less if the 4 stroke gets attention

The 4 stroke boys who don't want to shout about it quite yet just in case it turns in to the same nightmare it did last time.

It'll have to prove itself longer term, and it'll take some clubmen to take the risk before anyone really believes it. I for one won't be convinced by Jarvis' machine running sweet. It could be having the engine stripped down every week for all we know.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Sherco man and I'd consider having one if they get it right, or if they fancy giving me one to try to wreck it :thumbup:

Scopra3, have you meet or spoken with Jarvis?... i'd say he's a modest man not one for fuss or glitz and are we to expect to hear him say WOW, FANTASTIC, AWESOME about the 4t......The bike blimming well got him a win i'd be well happy and so will he ,but this is the way he says things its OKAY and if Jarvis says "Okay" that's okay by me, and its my next bike in 2008!!!!

Is there no one excited about this bike? :thumbup:

Edited by spud

Scopra3, have you meet or spoken with Jarvis?... i'd say he's a modest man not one for fuss or glitz and are we to expect to hear him say WOW, FANTASTIC, AWESOME about the 4t......The bike blimming well got him a win i'd be well happy and so will he ,but this is the way he says things its OKAY and if Jarvis says "Okay" that's okay by me, and its my next bike in 2008!!!!

Yup, I am BUT.. I said I wouldn't buy another unless it went EFI so as it hasn't, I would need to see 6 months of competitive riding by Joe Public before I got out the wallet again.

In relation to Javis winning, he could win on any bike around at the moment to be honest.

Yup, I am BUT.. I said I wouldn't buy another unless it went EFI so as it hasn't, I would need to see 6 months of competitive riding by Joe Public before I got out the wallet again.

How double dare you say you want EFI the starting probs have been sorted, come on

How double dare you say you want EFI the starting probs have been sorted, come on

I have had both bikes - sold the 2005 4T and got a 2006 290.

The 4T (modified with a keihin and some other small mods I done) was silky smooth at low revs but with arm retching power if you rip it open. Something I rarely needed to do in the sections I rode. The original carb and set up was lumpy at low revs and on tight turns it was easy for the front to break away. The grip was superb and it gave a lot of confidence for a novice rider like me.

I originally had a 2003 290 as my first bike getting back into trials and that was fiery as hell (exaggerated by the fact I had only just started riding again) ! The 2006 290 was much smoother, nice suspension and again a nice bike to ride. I would open this to full throttle lots of times without the fear like I had with the 2003 machine. The bike would grip ok but it needed someone with better skills than me to make the best use of it.

In summary, I found the 4T easier to ride as a novice rider and if I were to buy another bike, it would be a 4t .

Hope that helped a bit :thumbup:

Thanks AtomAnt, most replies about the fourstroke have been about it's poor starting, it's nice to talk about the bike purely on it's strength's and weakness's.

Edited by John.B