Carby Change 07 290

gasgasian

Has anyone got information on what i need to fit the Kehien PWK 28 carb i've had for a couple of years? do i need a larger reed block rubber or can i enlarge it, its does not fit on airbox manifold as well. The carb is jetted for a Gas Gas, what re jetting do i need to do? Also what about a different throttle cable?? The carb is brand new but as i fitted these to my standard Gassers, then had some Raga Reps with Kehien already on it was surplus to requirements!

Any advice greatly received.....

Regards,

Ian.

:blink:

Ian

Both the rubbers will stretch over the carb, they might not last very long but so far I've never had a problem. I'm using the original rubbers at the moment, I've not even turned the airbox rubber around, it just stretches over the carb (you may need to warm it up first), I leave it fastened on and only undo the other end (i.e. directly on to the airbox) I find it easier that way.

There are a few type's of cable adjusters for the top of the carb if you have got the screw in one replace it with the one out of your delorto carb, if you cut it down slightly you can then use the original throttle cable.

Jetting

Main 125 or 122

Pilot 45 or 48

Slide 3.5 or 4

Needle JJH (4th clip from the top 2007 bike)(3rd clip from the top 2006 bike)

Mixture screw 1/2 to 1 turn out from full in.

All this depends on the current air temperature, air pressure, humidity and the altitude where you ride.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

What area are you from?

Are these the settings you use on your Sherco?

Also do you use long levers on clutch? as i have a prob finding bite point, i tried a Sherco with shortie levers on and it seemed a lot better???? strange!! i would have thought a longer lever would give more progression??? clutch is a bit heavy too.

Any idea's?

This is the first Sherco i've had after many years on Gasser so it's all a learning curve......

Regards,

Ian.

Ian

I'm in Derbyshire and yes those are the settings I currently use on my sherco.

I use these levers on my sherco http://www.splatshop.co.uk/ajp-clutch-lever-p-10130.html

They're the sliver medium length ones that come as standard on the newer sherco's.

To make your clutch seam lighter try moving the master cylinder inwards so your finger is further along the lever.

Cheers

Chris