06 Pro Suspension Linkage

beta-boy

ok

so i've pulled the rear linkage in my 06 300 pro, to re-pack the bearings and give everything a once over, now i haven't done this for a couple months(my bad) but anyways moving on, when i pulled it apart i had 6 of the thin washers, now i know where 4 of them go, but where do the other two go, i've looked through my manual and i only see 4 in all the linkage, theres not too many places they can go, so any thoughts?

also whats an exceptable amount of play(up and down) in the swingarm?

thanks

-Jesse

pretty sure that they go outboard of the linkage plates which bolt 38 goes through on underside of swinging arm with top hat bushes in. As regards play 2 to 3 mm but should be as tight as poss.

Edited by pandelboy

Hi Jesse,

I agree with pandleboy, almost, the 2 other shims/washers go on the outside of the two top hat shaped bushes, between the gold rocker link arm and the bushes - just had a look on my 06 300.

Remember to grease the shperical rod end bearing in the shock too.

There seems to be a little play from new in the linkages. As little up and down movement as possible is best. I use Mobil HP waterproof grease which seems to work well in our wet conditions.

If you are riding lots of creek/river type sections and are not a modern splat attack up massive, dry rock steps, I'd recommend fitting a flywheel weight - great improvement on low end power delivery.

Bye, PeterB.