Sam Cooper Union Jack Classic Trial.

scorpa3

Here are the details for the Stratford-Upon-Avon round of the Sammy Miller Classic Bike Championship on 20th May.

Please note: Trail bikes are most welcome on a no award basis and there is an easy (sidecar) route for riders of any machine who just want a days riding in the Cotsowlds.

The trial starts at Blackwell Village Hall near Shipston on Stour and covers 37 miles and 30 sections with a lunch break at the half way point.

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON MCC

(AFFILIATED TO THE MIDLAND CENTRE ACU)

SAM COOPER UNION JACK TRIAL

(3rd round of the Sammy Miller British Trials Bike Championship)

DATE: 20th May 2007 Permit no: ACU18667

A trial for Solo and Sidecar machines of British Manufacture and Twin Shock and Trail machines of any manufacture, using much of the old COLMORE CUP route. Held under the National Sporting Code, The Standing Regulations for Trials and The ACU Sammy Miller Trial Championship Regulations, together with these Supplementary Regulations, and any final instructions which may be issued and which shall have the same force as these Regulations.

OFFICIALS

ACU Steward

Club Stewards Ron Langston, Lol Worthington

Clerk of the Course Peter Barnett Licence no. 334

Secretary of the Meeting Richard Gill. 23 Hillwood Avenue, Shirley, Solihull, W Midlands B90 4XR

* 0121 246 5823 email: gill.rf@googlemail.com

ELIGIBILITY:

All riders must hold a current ACU Licence or a Scottish ACU licence. Any other riders, including Ireland participants, MUST obtain personal accident insurance, produce a licence issued by their FMN and start permission confirming they are licensed and insured. Only riders holding a British passport will be able to score points in the Championship.

ENTRIES: On the correct entry form, closing date 12th May 2007, together with the entry fee of

Does a Honda TLR twinshock qualify for class 8?

I thought that the Sammy Miller Trials were for twinshocks that were of Spanish manufacture, but the regs don't seem to indicate this...

Does a Honda TLR twinshock qualify for class 8?

I thought that the Sammy Miller Trials were for twinshocks that were of Spanish manufacture, but the regs don't seem to indicate this...

Any original twinshock machine fitted with drum brakes which will include any classic machine which has a modern carb fitted.

Note: The carb ruling will be enforced as per championship regs. Wrighty is going to do the technical checks for this one.

Class 8 has been for any original twinshock and British Special since 2006 (the Spanish pre-75 was 2005 and before). Class 8 is now (no surprise) the largest class this year with 25-30 entries for the two rounds so far this year. I still haven't worked out an escape plan from a wedding in Cornwall so unlikely I can make it this year; I will be there in spirit and I am sure there will be an SWM being fixed round the course somewhere....

Class 8 has been for any original twinshock and British Special since 2006 (the Spanish pre-75 was 2005 and before). Class 8 is now (no surprise) the largest class this year with 25-30 entries for the two rounds so far this year.

The Stratford Club has a very strong Classic bike membership, these folk make up a large proportion of the working team at all of our big events. The modern bike membership (including myself) help with the classic events and vice-versa for the modern events.

But even this hard core classic bike membership can see that it's becoming harder and harder to compete on (and scrutineer) bikes which are 100% genuine pre-65 (or what ever particular date.)

I think this is why the class eight is becoming more popular, many riders just want to get our on their bikes and ride in a sensible event, they are not really concerned about winning a class, hence a few modern updates to the machine and they then ride as a special.

As I mentioned earlier, we also encourage trail bikes. Ten or 15 trailies at the back of the field help to make the event profitable for the club. Basically, anyone is welcome, we've even had a few modern trials bikes in the past on a no award basis and they were suprised how good the top classic riders were.

The Gas Gas rider lost three marks and the winner on a BSA only lost two! And the BSA had the fastest special test of the day!

The Sam Cooper Union Jack will (unless the weather turns very bad) always be a low scoring event, but it is a traditional single lap trial with an excellent ride around the Cotswold hills. Get your entries in :wall:

Due to the different route and sections, this year the lunch stop will be at Saintbury Quarry and not Top Farm.

It will still be Top Farm providing the refreshments but mobile, so don't forget to take your

Entries for the Sam Cooper Union Jack round of the Sammy Miller Classic Trials Championship have just stopped short of the magic 100 riders.

The are 7 Sidecars, 44 Pre-65's, 32 Twinshocks and 13 Trail bikes.

Hi Guys,

Hi Scorpa 3.

Is it possible to post a map of the route the trial will be taking, last year we had a job to find most of the sections, not good for the film in the camara's, only managed to take a few of the Scottish two day winner, his father, and a few of Mick Grant. Would like to take a few more this year for my collection.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guys,

Hi Scorpa 3.

Is it possible to post a map of the route the trial will be taking, last year we had a job to find most of the sections, not good for the film in the camara's, only managed to take a few of the Scottish two day winner, his father, and a few of Mick Grant. Would like to take a few more this year for my collection.

Regards Charlie.

I Haven't got the route available online I'm afraid. It will be significantly different from last year. The best place to watch will be Saintbury Quarry on the other side of the road to Broadway Golf Club. There are five sections in there and the lunch stop, so the riders will be there for a while.

I am opening the sections and should be there around 11.30 ish. You could also call in at Western Wood, which is the group before approx half a mile down the road towards Chipping Campden.

If you need a map, I'm sure the Secretary of the meeting would let you have one at the start. This is at Blackwell Village Hall, near Shipston on Stour.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Edited by scorpa3

Hi Guys.

Hi Scorpa3.

Yes i know them two sections well, can find one or two others, No Fish Hill, or Hanging Tree? they were always good sections.

Thanks anyway, will do as you say try and get a map at the start, PS Good luck with the trial and the weather,

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guys.

Hi Scorpa3.

Yes i know them two sections well, can find one or two others, No Fish Hill, or Hanging Tree? they were always good sections.

Thanks anyway, will do as you say try and get a map at the start, PS Good luck with the trial and the weather,

Regards Charlie.

Riders will also be going into Dovedale, but this means a long walk. However, as they come out of Dovedale they will go just down the road to Warners King. This group is rigt by the side of the road and is the next logical place to go to spectate after Saintbury.