Bleeding Brakes !

andys

Gaz, the banjo fitting on top of the master should not be loose! Tight as ***** is the word!

As it is near impossible to access when mounted, Alan's trick of changing out the rear allen bolt for the hex may be just the key! You will have to re bleed, just do not let air into the rear caliper when you do it! :wall:

Not sure why Andy cannot get his going, maybe the master is weak, or he has had too much to drink, or not enough! This IS a dark science! Not sure how he got here in the first place, was it working originally?

Edited by copemech

Nice one copemech, ill double check it. I think jitsie do cool coloured hex head banjo's.

I thought the banjo tho, was what the brake hose from the cylinder to the caliper connected up with??? I'm talkin about what the reservior pipe connects into the master cylinder with?

dale, Iv not seen it leaking any fluid. Because of the bubbles coming up into the reservior and this connection turning, I suspected it might have been a problem.

Yes Gaz, the inlet tube does move. If there is any sign of leakage around the bottom rubber where the pedal rod goes in, the seals on the piston are probably leaking and sucking air. Pull the pedal and the rubber to check closely!

:wall: