Fitting Vhst 26 Mm To Mont 315

landrover

not been much traffic on here lately, any of you montesa riders out there fitted a dellorto VHST 26mm flat slide to your bikes if so please tell me what you used for the air intake rubber as the air intake end of the carb is 49mm wide also if i get it fitted any suggestions on mixture screw settings B)

Yes I have tried it. Found it a little tempermental though. But the works bikes use it so it cant be bad !

Fitted a pre-2001 inlet rubber, and then made a new tube to the airbox using a Kawasaki KX80 rubber and clip, 'dovetailed' onto a pre-2001 rubber. Used 'Shoe Gue' to form the bond between the two.

I don't know your jets but I seem to remember being only about 1 turn out on the fuel screw.

My VHST is on a box in the garage can check the jets if you need to know what 'sort of' works.

thanks subira i hope i,ve managed i got a steering gater from local garage it,s a nice tight fit over existing airbox rubber and hopefuly it,s airtight the other end fits nicely over the carb after a quick run yesterday it seemed ok but are giving it a good run today as for the jets they are what were in as standard sent with carb