Scratched Fork Leg Fix

montesaman

Hi - My TY250 mono has the dreaded scratch on front fork slide situation, which isn't horrendous but it is damaging the seal.

It doesn't look like the previous owner has tried to do anything with it, but I remember several people telling me about a simple fix which works involving super glue and then maybe some sort of ultra fine sandpaper/file, or is it "wet and dry"?

I need to sort it before replcing the seals.

Thanks

knock up some araldite or superglue and feed in to scratch ,just enough to leave a slightly raised amount along the scratch. let it set long enough to go right off. then get some fine wet and dry and make sure its wet enough. work accross the repair back and forth slowly and keep checking for smoothness by wiping clean and run your finger over for feel. when level finally polish with solvol autosol. hope this helps.

Edited by pandelboy

knock up some araldite or superglue and feed in to scratch ,just enough to leave a slightly raised amount along the scratch. let it set long enough to go right off. then get some fine wet and dry and make sure its wet enough. work accross the repair back and forth slowly and keep checking for smoothness by wiping clean and run your finger over for feel. when level finally polish with solvol autosol. hope this helps.