Midland Centre Youth Championship

scorpa3

The Stratford-Upon-Avon Club are holding a round of the Homemaster Removals Midland Centre Youth Championship at Top Farm near Snowshill on Sunday 24th June.

There will be four routes available to cater for all levels of ability and Youth A,B,C&D.

The championship will be incorporated inthe clubs regular Dennis Bridges Summer trial, so is open to all riders not just youth, the entries are accepted on the day.

Snowshill is signposted from the A44 at Broadway and the venue will be marked from Snowshill village. The trial starts at 10.30

Pete

General Secretary

Stratford-Upon-Avon MC&LCC

hi pete , have never been to this venue before and was wondering how far the sections are from where you park your vehicles, only asking because my dad may come along to watch or maybe observe and cant walk too far at the moment.

also do you have any idea of which events count towards the mid youth champs? i havent seen a list anywere.

so far have done to my knowledge 2 rounds ,leamington and dudley.

see you sunday

dave

hi pete , have never been to this venue before and was wondering how far the sections are from where you park your vehicles, only asking because my dad may come along to watch or maybe observe and cant walk too far at the moment.

also do you have any idea of which events count towards the mid youth champs? i havent seen a list anywere.

so far have done to my knowledge 2 rounds ,leamington and dudley.

see you sunday

dave

hi Dave,

Looking at the weather forecast we won't be going to Top Farm, the carpark is in a field and it will be impossible to park. If this is the case, we will change the venue to Saintbury Quarry. Watch this space for news.

Both venues we will use have sections right by the cars, so that is no problem. As for the championship, I haven't seen it advertised either, I'll see if I can find out where the next round id and get back to you.

Pete

If its Saintbury pete, I will bring me chainsaw for that log this time, or if you want me to mark out the hard route sections i will stick in a nice ramp so its a main road :D Looks like it will just be me again, cant get any of this lot to do a trial unless its north of Derby, I am working on Ralph though he actually beat me there last time (1989) :thumbup: so he might well come. The Legend is at a wedding reception Saturday night :thumbup: so unlikley he'll be fit for owt Sunday :thumbup:

Edited by The Addict

If its Saintbury pete, I will bring me chainsaw for that log this time, or if you want me to mark out the hard route sections i will stick in a nice ramp so its a main road :D Looks like it will just be me again, cant get any of this lot to do a trial unless its north of Derby, I am working on Ralph though he actually beat me there last time (1989) :thumbup: so he might well come. The Legend is at a wedding reception Saturday night :thumbup: so unlikley he'll be fit for owt Sunday :wall:

I think it's almost certainly going to be Saintbury, the weather forecast is terrible! Shame, cus we spent a lot of time on thse sections at Top Farm last week and it would be a superb trial... even in the wet! We just can't park the cars anywhere, so I don't think there's going to be any alternative; it's going to be Saintbury Quarry 99%.

I've emailed everyone on my email list to let them know we might have to change the venue; I'll confirm later in the week. But in the mean time anyone who doesn't know the location of Saintbury Quarry - it will be signposted from the A44 at the top of Fish hill East of Broadway.

Click here for map

Luckily, Saintbury is available and is only three miles from Top Farm; it is also the best venue that we have for wet weather trials and Top Farm will still bring their mobile catering van along for bacon butties...... So GAME ON! :thumbup:

The Stratford-Upon-Avon Club trial at Saintbury Quarry was won by Chipping Campden rider Liam O'Reilly who used his local knowledge to master the wet conditions.

Dropping 55 marks, Liam narrowly beat Richard Dunsby who only really struggled on the very narrow wet rooted climb of section four to finish just six marks adrift. Third place went to Justin Howells riding his new Cabestany replica with 67 marks lost, who together with Richard were the only two riders to clean the massive hill climb of section nine on all four laps.

As round of the Midland Centre Youth Championship backed by Homemaster removals, there were no A class youths but on the less severe B route, Youth B championship contender Ben Millichap put the adults in their place with a measerly seven mark score. three better than clubman rider Stefan Walters.

Top Youth C was Connor Evans who also topped his route beating all of the adults with just two marks lost, first adult was lady rider Jennifer Crabtree who finished on a respectable score of just ten.

Special thanks should go to the observers who braved the very wet conditions and also to the owners of Saintbury Quarry who allowed the club to move the trial from the water logged Top Farm venue at short notice.

Pete Barnett

Stratford-Upon-Avon MC&LCC

Thanks for the quick results Pete :o

Great ride from Liam for the win and a really good ride from Ralph, if he hadnt gone the wrong way on section 1 first lap and looked at section 2 abit harder he would have been even closer to Liam for the win. :)

Great ride from Ben as well to only drop 7 on the B route in the very slippy conditions, must have kept his concentration 100% all day