Majesty 250/320 First Gen

grouchof

1. If you use TY mono yokes in a twinshock TY/Majesty frame, the standard mono yoke steering stops reduce the steering (side to side) angle severely compared with the twinshock yokes.

Can the stops be trimmed back or are they just fundatmentally different in how they aremade?

3. TY175 yokes are made from the same basic forging as TY250 twinshock yokes so it makes no difference what you start with if you are going to bore them out to suit 35mm or 36mm tubes.

If the yokes are bored out, should they be angled and offset a minute amount to account for the mono axle offset vs. twins shock centered axle? Would the reduced trail be a noticeable issue?

Great info. I had no clue some of these swap and modifying could be easier than I thought. I still may end up with simply putting on the twins shock 250 front end, but I'd certainly like to do the mono parts with the proper knowledge to do so.

tks, kcj

A bit more on the flywheel weights.

We were up at Mick Andrews' for a trial this weekend and my mate went to say hello afterwards. He asked about the flywheels on Majesties and Mick said that there were some fitted with different flywheels (not just weights, the actual flywheels) in addition to some having different sized weights fitted as well.

Seems there are a few more variants from the standard TY setup knocking around out there.

1. If you use TY mono yokes in a twinshock TY/Majesty frame, the standard mono yoke steering stops reduce the steering (side to side) angle severely compared with the twinshock yokes.

Can the stops be trimmed back or are they just fundatmentally different in how they aremade?

From memory new stops are needed on the bottom yoke to get enough steering angle ie they can't be trimmed enough. I would need to look at my riding buddie's bike (TY175 with TY mono front end) to be sure though.

3. TY175 yokes are made from the same basic forging as TY250 twinshock yokes so it makes no difference what you start with if you are going to bore them out to suit 35mm or 36mm tubes.

If the yokes are bored out, should they be angled and offset a minute amount to account for the mono axle offset vs. twins shock centered axle? Would the reduced trail be a noticeable issue?

I don't know the answer because I haven't done what you are suggesting. Remember that it is not just the axle that is offset differently on the mono front end. The mono yoke tube clamps are further rearwards than the twinshock yoke tube clamps relative to the stem and may well have a different angular offset too. One thing is for certain - if you bore the twinshock yokes out while retaining the same hole centres, you will only be reducing the trail by the offset of the axle so won't be too far wrong. Didn't someone else say it worked well to use the twinshock yokes bored out?

From memory new stops are needed on the bottom yoke to get enough steering angle ie they can't be trimmed enough. I would need to look at my riding buddie's bike (TY175 with TY mono front end) to be sure though.

Tks, I'd like the info if you can see the other bike.

Looks like I will start iwth boring stock yokes for mono tubes and try it. I have several 250 yokes, so if themonos donw'

work out well, I still have enough parts to put the stock entire 250 front end on.

It's a winter project for next winter.

My interest int the mono yokes, even though sounds much more complex, is that I have several of those also, and have a friend with several complete CNC machines in his die shop. although more complicated, if that way yielded a truly better end product, I'd go there.

It sounds like the 250 direct swap is the easy way (which was my original plan), the mono tubes in 250 yokes is a step beyond but still minimal work. and the complete mono front is more work than it is worth for minimal additional gains.

I'll have to check out the mono fork length also.

tks for help. kcj