Rev 3 Running Problem

taylo63

Hi all

Could someone help with a problem with my mates 04 rev 3. After about an hours riding the bike started " hunting" for fuel and then suddenly it just died and would not start. We think it is a carb problem, if so what should he look for when he takes the carb apart ??.

Prior to this the bike had the usual leaking carb which had been " fixed" by our local Trials dealer, since then the bike has only been used once or twice...oh and before you ask the obvious..yes there was plenty of fuel in the tank ....

Any ideas would be welcome

Thanks

Sounds like the tabs on tangs for the float may need closing slightly. One of the mods to help stop the leaking has the tab opned more ...

Dont listen to the pumpkin mate he,s really got a gasser haaaaaaaaaa. anyway sounds like jets could have some dirt in them . Pull the carb off and give it a good clean ( something else pumpkin would like ...Im on fire :wub: ) also if fuel is old replace with fresh , a clean air filter wouldnt go a miss. try the basics first and if you dont have any luck ask someone else :wub:

Sounds like the tabs on tangs for the float may need closing slightly. One of the mods to help stop the leaking has the tab opned more ...

Dont listen to the pumpkin mate he,s really got a gasser haaaaaaaaaa. anyway sounds like jets could have some dirt in them . Pull the carb off and give it a good clean ( something else pumpkin would like ...Im on fire :thumbup: ) also if fuel is old replace with fresh , a clean air filter wouldnt go a miss. try the basics first and if you dont have any luck ask someone else :P

One thing is for sure. I would NEVER have a LARD GAS...

If the bke has been lie this ever since having the mod done, i would put money on it being the float hight been over adjusted by the dealer and starving te engine of fuel. I did the same when i did the mod on my bike that is now your bike. takes to mins to fix ...but saying all that the bike did fire back up once fuel got back through...

Oh and by the way , who is the chap that wanted to strip his bike down in to a thousand bits ?? Only for the Pumpkin to ask if he had actually put any fuel in his bike.. His name is the one and only dopey LEGGINS Doh !!!

Dont listen to the pumpkin mate he,s really got a gasser haaaaaaaaaa. anyway sounds like jets could have some dirt in them . Pull the carb off and give it a good clean ( something else pumpkin would like ...Im on fire :thumbup: ) also if fuel is old replace with fresh , a clean air filter wouldnt go a miss. try the basics first and if you dont have any luck ask someone else :P

One thing is for sure. I would NEVER have a LARD GAS...

If the bke has been lie this ever since having the mod done, i would put money on it being the float hight been over adjusted by the dealer and starving te engine of fuel. I did the same when i did the mod on my bike that is now your bike. takes to mins to fix ...but saying all that the bike did fire back up once fuel got back through...

Oh and by the way , who is the chap that wanted to strip his bike down in to a thousand bits ?? Only for the Pumpkin to ask if he had actually put any fuel in his bike.. His name is the one and only dopey LEGGINS Doh !!!

I was just doing my bit for the planet carbon footprint n all that......