Scorpa Easy 250

zaa9

Hi, my name is chris and i am new to trials.

I purchased a 1997 scorpa easy 250, i was out riding and suddenly it stopped. We took out the plug and there was no spark. We took it home and had another look, now there was a spark but it wouldn't run, we replaced the ht leat, cap and plug, bit better spark but still no running. We sent it to the local trials shop , and they checked the woodruff key and it was ok. That left us with the cdi/coil unit, the analouge controller and the stator, we removed the analouge controller but it still wouldn't run. we then priced up the parts. The "rotax man" said the cdi was

If it's got spark, and it's in the right place (woodruff key not broken), then I would be checking to see if it's getting fuel. Clean carby and jets , fresh fuel , no kinked or blocked breather pipe, make sure airfilter is clean of any crap, all airfilter and carby joints in place, and clamps tiight (not sucking any extra air) new spark plug properly gapped, etc.

Got it started!!!!, cleaned air filter, drained carb. few kicks, lots of smoke, then it run fine.

Thanks for your help. The bike's fan has at some point been disconnected, I have one wire from the motor to the temp switch in the head, but the other wire from the motor is cut and goes nowhere (its blue and black, the other wire from the temp switch is also cut and goes to nowhere (black).

Anyone help us wire the fan.

Edited by zaA9

• 2 weeks later...

The spark has gone again, after we started it we went for a ride, it ran perfect. but the half an hour later it stopped. there is no spark again. if i kick it over with the plug out i occasionally get a spark. could it be a broken wire, i have removed kill switch and replaced ht + spark plug and cap.

Thanks

Hi, my name is chris and i am new to trials.

I purchased a 1997 scorpa easy 250, i was out riding and suddenly it stopped. We took out the plug and there was no spark. We took it home and had another look, now there was a spark but it wouldn't run, we replaced the ht leat, cap and plug, bit better spark but still no running. We sent it to the local trials shop , and they checked the woodruff key and it was ok. That left us with the cdi/coil unit, the analouge controller and the stator, we removed the analouge controller but it still wouldn't run. we then priced up the parts. The "rotax man" said the cdi was

thanks. we are going to make a flywheel puller and send the stator off, what size is the thread on the flywheel,.

Thanks ;)

HI MATE CHECK THIS INFO OUT RING THE GUY CALLED ROY HE POSTED ME A PULLER HE MAKES THEM .ALLSO VERY INTRESTING TO TALK TO OVER SCORPA PROBLEMS GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU GET SORTED JELLYBEAN

Ringwood Precision Engineering,Unit 2, Millstream trading Estate,Ringwood Hampshire BH24 3SA, U.K Tel:- 01425 476296. (Roy)

On the phone I talked to Roy (Great helpful bloke)who told me that the main ignition coil on the stator plate was a problem on Scorpa's and thats why he made the puller. HA HA now we are getting there.

3.Got put in touch with WEST COUNTRY WINDINGS Unit 79 City Business Park, Somerset Place, Plymouth, Devon, PL3 4BB Tel :- Barry on 017525 60906

They said they could test the stator and fix it if found to be a faulty.

So on Monday a.m. I posted the Stator, On Tuesday mid day I had a phone call from Barry saying he had found the fault in the ignition coil, On Wednesday got stator back in morning, fitted it back to the bike (RETARDED AND WITHOUT ANALOG CONTROL)kicked it twice and away she went as smooth as a babys a***.All for

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

ITS RUNNING, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. got the stator back from west country windings, fitted it to the bike, started seccond kick aand runs soooooo smooooooooooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for all your help.

Chris