Longmynd Trophy Trial

the addict

Just been sent the email below regarding the Longmynd Trophy Trial next weekend from Kirsty and Chris. Please keep an eye on the web site link for updates, this is not a cancellation notice for anyone going just an advance notice of how things stand at the moment. If you know anyone riding but may not see this please keep them updated next week.

Saturday 4th August

Hi all,

I am just sending this email as an early warning that there is a possibility that we may have to cancel the Longmynd Trophy Trial.

I am sure by now that most of you are aware that there has been an outbreak of Foot and Mouth near Guildford, Surrey and the seriousness of this for the farming community cannot be emphasised enough.

This is what I have posted on website at present & please do keep visiting the site (www.southshropshiremcc.co.uk) to keep updated and I will endeavour to keep you as informed as I can via email.

At present, we are still continuing with all preparations for the Longmynd Trophy Trial. All sections are marked out and where necessary paths strimmed etc and routes marked between sections around the venues. Our club relies on the goodwill of the farming community,i.e. the landowners of our venues and we will respect any decision they make regarding trials bikes accessing their land. The Longmynd Trophy Trial includes 10 groups over 9 different venues so you will understand if farmers do not wish us to travel from one to the other.

Saturday evening update (04/08/07):- I have spoken to the majority of landowners tonight and they are willing to wait until Tuesday to see what news is given and to get an update on what is happening. So we are playing the waiting game at present; a: to get an accurate update from DEFRA and b: to see what advice the ACU is recommending. However, there is a fairly strong chance of cancellation as the club has a responsibility to our local farming community and to promote motorbike sport in a positive light.

So, this is our position at present & I will contact you with more details as soon as I have them.

Thank you for your support of South Shropshire MCC and stay in touch.

Cheers for now

Kirsty

Linky - South Shropshire MCC

Edited by The Addict

excellent response and a _factual_ update on whats happening. Given the impact on farming in the Marches in 2001 I only hope that everyone is understanding if the trial does indeed have to be cancelled.

Will check the website during the week....