Easy 250 Scorpa - Help

madcr500

I am the now the proud owner of a 97 easy 250. it needs some TLC so i have a few questions.

What oil should i be using in the gearbox?

Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram for this model? the loom has been messed with and i dont seem to be getting any power to the temp sender (or fan obviously)

Thank you in advance for any help. i'm sure i'll have more questions as i go along.

Marcus

Hi

As i remember the G/box is 75w (can anyone confirm)

The power to the sender is not present I think its done with a resistor? it all has to be wired right and the unit in the head can pack up have you tried joing the wires up if it all fails try Martin @ MRS for some advice he helped me when mine had this prob

I do have some PDF's if they are any good for you email me and ill send them

Hi

As i remember the G/box is 75w (can anyone confirm)

The power to the sender is not present I think its done with a resistor? it all has to be wired right and the unit in the head can pack up have you tried joing the wires up if it all fails try Martin @ MRS for some advice he helped me when mine had this prob

I do have some PDF's if they are any good for you email me and ill send them

Thanks for that.

I took the fan motor off and tried it on a battery. It was dead so i bought a used one so i'll bung that on later but i dont expect that to entirely solve the problem as i tested the wires to it while the bikes running and there was no live to it. Is this something to do with the little black box mounted to the fan housing (i havent tested all the wires to it for a live yet).

My email is madcr500@aol.com. Those pdf's would be really useful to me if you dont mind sending them.

75w sounds heavy. I have a cr500 motard, the manual for that says to use 80w only when running in (from the factory) then to switch to 10/40. can anyone confirm for sure which oil i use before i change it?

Thanks again for the help, i appreciate i am a new member and havent contributed to the site yet so thanks.

Marcus

Hi.

Ive just fitted the new fan and after a bit of adjustment (to stop it hitting the radiator) it is now working a treat.

So i just need to change the oil now.

Can anyone confirm for certain that i should be filling it with 75w.

If so then i have some 80w (which is close) will that do?

Whatever oil is in it now makes the gear changes feel very stiff and i am getting a bit of clutch drag but that could just be down to the bike not being used in a while.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Not sure about your oil but i always use (ATF or PJ1, silkolene, KB of leyland stock it all, or trax!!!) in all my 2troke strials engines clutch seems to like it, If the oil is to heavy the clutch seems to clog up.

pity you cant make it down to trax but check tmx we will be doing a few more this year. Please let me know of any friendly farmers who will rent land, we will manage to pay our way to have trials on suitable land.

Cheers

I am the now the proud owner of a 97 easy 250. it needs some TLC so i have a few questions.

Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram for this model? the loom has been messed with and i dont seem to be getting any power to the temp sender (or fan obviously)

Thank you in advance for any help. i'm sure i'll have more questions as i go along.

Marcus

Not sure about your oil but i always use (ATF or PJ1, silkolene, KB of leyland stock it all, or trax!!!) in all my 2troke strials engines clutch seems to like it, If the oil is to heavy the clutch seems to clog up.

pity you cant make it down to trax but check tmx we will be doing a few more this year. Please let me know of any friendly farmers who will rent land, we will manage to pay our way to have trials on suitable land.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks for that.

I surprised about using ATF in the gearbox but if it works for you it must be ok.

I'll get a subscription to tmx i think, but i need to get some practice in before i ride it in public. Years of riding field bikes and then mx should help speed the process of learning along but i am still such a novice!!!

Marcus

• 10 years later...

hi all i just got a scorpa easy project about 2 months ago i am nearly ready to fire her up but dont know what wires go where scratching my head cant find a wiring diagram anywhere pleas pleas hellllllllllppppppppppppppp   

1 minute ago, stuey said:

hi all i just got a scorpa easy project about 2 months ago i am nearly ready to fire her up but dont know what wires go where scratching my head cant find a wiring diagram anywhere pleas pleas hellllllllllppppppppppppppp