Fitting A Lighting Kit

darrelltaylor

I have a 1988 TY250 Mono. Its all working and normal - no mods other than a disk brake conversion. Its a competition model with no brackets for battery box, lighting bits or other non competition parts.

I then bought a lighting kit so i can get an MOT (daylight is ok) and ride to areas where i can trial.

I have half fitted this kit and found a few problems - can anyone help me?

1) there are no switches for the lights - and the wiring between the headlight and the loom are different.

2) there are two bullet connectors (1M & 1F) under the tank - what are they for (horn?)

3) how to mount the rear brake light switch (near the padal) - any ideas - anyone done this and got photos? I could weld a bracket to the frame but thats a bit wrong (if you know what i mean)

4) Where to fix the Regulator(?) to?

Any help would be great!

Do you really need lights fitted? you can mot/tax it on a day time MOT! if you want lights the two wires will be the feed into the rest of the wiring loom! best bet is to get a wiring diagram from ex yamaha dealers say birkets or j.shirts if they still have one?

there should be a bracket down by the rear brake pedal? look on ebay for a ty250 mono loom and std lights/horn etc! this may be a long wait!!!

youll defo need a light switch! dont think a regulaters used on this model but i could be wrong? good luck!

Ive fitted most of the wiring loom,

I have just 2 problems.

1) there is a green wire that is close to the headstock, where the headlight wires connect to the loom. I guess this is for a horn but im not sure. Anyone know?

2) there are two black wires under the tank, one male and one female bullet connectors. Where do they go (horn?)

The loom is connected to the generator from 1 wire under the tank that is yellow and all other connectors are connected to lights or switches.

Everything else is connected and works fine. I just cant find any switches to operate the horn or any horns on my Yamaha diagrams and parts lists - so im unsure (im guessing) if that is what these wires are for or if there is another purpose for them. Everything else i have is fitted and working fine.

Any advice or help would be great.