Why Has Spa Been Cancelled?

cota kid

To cancel a World Round just over a month before it is scheduled to take place is unbelievable. You would expect it of Octagon in the indoor but not the outdoor series and as yet no official explanation has been given on the FIM trial website.

I'm sure there are plenty of disgruntled riders, factories and of course trials enthusiasts who have already made arrangements and gone to great expense to attend the Spa event, which was to be the final round in the series. These people, and I'am please to say I am not one of them, deserve an explanation and it better be a good one....

You won't get an explanation. At least not an official one. I have my thoughts on what it might be, but that's just speculation on my part.

Have the Germans invaded? Have they run out of mayonaise to put on the chips, is the Stella brewery on strike?

Seriously though, if no explanation is given for the cancelation then it is a very sad day for trials and does not bode well for the future of the sport.

Lets see now.. Spa has spent millions on new pit garages ,new paddock area, re-profiling the track, all for F1.

Is there a link ? Do they now not want bikes all over the banks etc. You decide.

Edited by jordi

Lets see now.. Spa has spent millions on new pit garages ,new paddock area, re-profiling the track, all for F1.

Is there a link ? Do they now not want bikes all over the banks etc. You decide.

Remember that this is a track for cars, not flaming royalty with their champagne and truffle parties - if you want to high-end, go to freakin Monaco.

I would'nt be happy in losing money like this either.

Beg's the Question should such a huge task be taken on by club's and a few rider's that are willing to put there house on the line,i don't think so.

I wonder if the sponsors of the event, the organisers, the promotors, the factories and the riders have been given a satisfactory reason as to why the event has been cancelled?

Octagon got justly criticised for cancelling events at short notice, I would like to know whom is responsible for the cancelation of this event. For all I know they may be a very valid reason but the fact no official explanation has been given will only add to the speculation.

heard a rumer that they ( Spa ) Race curcuit have also called off a Big VW Meeting something to do with resurfacing the paddock area, if so these VW meetings attract thousands of folks , not sure how true this is ?