A Rich 97 250

madcr500

Hi.

First off the bike has the keihlins carb which i beleive is standard for the 97. It has the standard exhaust and air filter.

When i got the bike it had been stood for a long while. It ran fine and ticked over well until i leant it over or went down a steep incline, then it wanted to stall and needed plenty of sluggish throttle to keep it going. I dropped the float height 2mm and that sorted the bogging problem out but i think its still a bit rich.

When I stripped the carb to clean it, I noticed that it is fitted with a 102 main jet and the needle has the clip in the top groove instead of the second one down (as per the info i have for the carb). I thought that the best thing to do was revert the carb to standard settings i.e. fit a 100 main jet and move clip to second from top groove.

Can anyone tell me the standard float height? and if it sounds like I am on the right track?

Also, why would someone have fitted the larger main jet? Is it just someone who didnt know what they were doing or could there have been a reason for it?

Thanks for any replies.

Marcus